My first ever set of acrylics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnadee

Reaction score
Any tips on getting a good smile line.. x

Practice till you so sick of seeing French you want to cry, then practice some more!
I think new method of reverse french is easier for a more crisp line.
Not sure what your trainer has taught you. This was fairly new method which I had to go for refresher training to pick up new methods from nsi and I prefer it now.

Reverse application is so much easier in my opinion. Once you've done the pink you can file it at the edge to give a perfect, crisp smile line. Plus it makes it easier to create a much deeper smile line!

I think the smile line is crisper with reverse BUT unless you know exactly how big the bead should be in Zone 2 you can end up with very thick nails or lots and lots of filing. When training I think the traditional way of white first, then pink allows for better bead size recognition. So many new techs are resorting to e-files to 'debulk' - if you put less product on in the first place there wouldn't be the need for so much filing. This only comes with practice and experience like any good skill

Trinity I totally agree with the e file story, I watched many videos and shocked at how many techs waste product filing it off afterwards.

Trinity I totally agree with the e file story, I watched many videos and shocked at how many techs waste product filing it off afterwards.

Drives me mental!! :confused: Total waste of time, and money.....just creating expensive dust :rolleyes:

I think the smile line is crisper with reverse BUT unless you know exactly how big the bead should be in Zone 2 you can end up with very thick nails or lots and lots of filing. When training I think the traditional way of white first, then pink allows for better bead size recognition. So many new techs are resorting to e-files to 'debulk' - if you put less product on in the first place there wouldn't be the need for so much filing. This only comes with practice and experience like any good skill
Was thinking exactly the same but couldn't think how to word it!

Now I'm on a rant.....draining the brush after picking up a bead.....why?????? Drain the brush more before picking up the bead, or you're just wasting monomer, which is expensive!!!

And blotting acid Primer brushes on the paper before application.....why? Drain the brush on the side of the bottle first, don't waste product on the paper

Now I'm on a rant.....draining the brush after picking up a bead.....why?????? Drain the brush more before picking up the bead, or you're just wasting monomer, which is expensive!!! And blotting acid Primer brushes on the paper before application.....why? Drain the brush on the side of the bottle first, don't waste product on the paper

Your avatar pic looks like you've just spoken those words out loud. :p:D

Latest posts

Back