My first ever Shellac on a paying customer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiegees

Reaction score
Well after months and months of practicing and getting lots and lots of advice from you guys about my polishing technique I did my first shellac on a paying customer yesterday.

We opened a couple of weeks ago but thankfully I have a self employed therapist who has been doing all the shellac and manicures (I have been doing feet)

She is on holiday this week so thought well lets go for it.

It was so scary and took me and hour and a half. The lady had bits of acrylic on her nails which needed filing off and the surface of her nail was uneven due to wearing acrylics. To top it all she was a qualified nail tech -so it was a very scary encounter!

Did blackpool with zillionaire on top - hey that is a lovely combination.

Anyhow it was not perfect, but it was ok and the lady was pleased and is coming back. Phew

My normal timing when practicing is around an hour (without removal) which I know is too long - but am hoping I will get quicker over time. I do the base and top coats with all five fingers in the lamp but do the thumbs seperate for the colours. I have had problems with thumbs wrinkling which I assume is due to applying too thick, but I am getting it quite thin now. When I get a bit more confident will go for all 5 at once.

Thanks for reading. This was special for me as its what I have been working towards since May and at times thought I just wasn't cut out for this. I know I am not a 'natural' but I think I can do it - and aim to carry on practicing so I get better and better.

And I couldn't have done this without the help of you here - thank you so much for the time and help you have given me in the past few months.

xx

Congratulations!!!

Now that you have 'broken the ice' so to speak, there will be non stopping you!

At this point you sound as if you know your own strengths and weaknesses which is a really good thing and you will iron out 'rough spots' to smooth your way.

:hug:

Thank you Geeg for your very kind message. Yes it's like the first step on a very long journey - but a very enjoyable one! I would like to also take this opportunity in thanking you personally geeg for all the help and inspiration you have given me. Thank you

xx

Thank you Geeg for your very kind message. Yes it's like the first step on a very long journey - but a very enjoyable one! I would like to also take this opportunity in thanking you personally geeg for all the help and inspiration you have given me. Thank you

xx

Bpool and zillionaire sounds fab! Must give it a bash. Welldone for keeping cool and doing a gr8 job on another professional! I think id be nervous if another tech came to me.....my friend has her nails done by me and she is a tech and she drives me mad! She is qualified in l&p from a college about 10yr ago and just does her own nails now and then (her products are the college kit she got when qualified) she doesnt know a thing about shellac, gel etc...She was so critical when i did her first shellac, i vowed never again and told her this too, we had a good laugh about it!

Latest posts

Back