My first post to be critiqued!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle83

Reaction score
Hiya,

Never done this before and looking to improve if needed. I do gel nails which I use clear ultraform tips.

Hope you can help.

Thanks x

hiya,, ok firstly the side walls and length look ok,

they look a little lumpy and a bit flat look at the nail from the side look for a nice curve, then look down the nail and look the arch that way, they should look a nice natural shape,,

try to keep the free edge thin ,, keep practising i practised all the time and still do it's worth it in the end :)

I agree with Lisaa, looks like you need to apply some more gel to these as they are flat and seem to raise around the smile line so I imagine they won't be overly strong on the stress area.

Length, shape and sidewalls all look good.. :)

Do you have any more pics of these nails?
I think a side view (to show apex) and a close up of them would be better to give a more thorough critique.

Thanks for all your advice. I will diffenetly start looking at the shape more before setting in the uv. To be honest yeah I do have problems with the apex but not all the time. I tend to struggle because the gel slides off to the side to ends up being flat. I don't know if its the gel I use?

I've attached another picture of these nails close up for you as requested. Hope this helps :).

Michelle xx

Thanks for all your advice. I will diffenetly start looking at the shape more before setting in the uv. To be honest yeah I do have problems with the apex but not all the time. I tend to struggle because the gel slides off to the side to ends up being flat. I don't know if its the gel I use?

I've attached another picture of these nails close up for you as requested. Hope this helps :).

Michelle xx

Oh the attachment hasn't worked :eek: But there is a picture on my album on here. x

Latest posts

Back