My first Set of Acrylics :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaches86

Reaction score
I qualified last Friday with the Quick Acrylic System - this is my first set since qualifying. Any tips/advice on improving? Thanks :)

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 208
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 206
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Can everyone see the photo? Any advice appreciated ;)

I think you're doing well! You do need to build a better apex though. The way to find out where to put it is to just pull down gently on the free edge (once the nails have been tipped or product applied) and see where the nail goes white. This is where you place your apex, for strength :)

Also, on a couple of fingers you could taper in the sidewalls a little bit as there are bulbous areas. You are well on your way - you should be proud :D

i think you're doing well! You do need to build a better apex though. The way to find out where to put it is to just pull down gently on the free edge (once the nails have been tipped or product applied) and see where the nail goes white. This is where you place your apex, for strength :)

also, on a couple of fingers you could taper in the sidewalls a little bit as there are bulbous areas. You are well on your way - you should be proud :d

thanks so much for the tips and advice!! :) i will be working on those things this week now :)

Hiya, I think they look good, really natural looking, you should be pleased with yourself.

How does the Quick Acrylic system work? Not heard of this as only just qualified in gels.

Thanks Millyspook :) I am happy with them - definitely need LOTS more practice though. Just bought myself a practice hand on ebay for when my friends and family get fed up with me! :)

The Quick Acrylic System works like regular acrylic but without using liquid! So, I just use the powder and a resin! I really like it as its easy to use and so far I've been very happy with the outcomes (also I don't know any different as I've never applied anything else myself).

How are you getting on with Gels?

Yeah not bad, no lifting but a few tips breaking off so I think I need to build my apex more. I just wish I had more hands to practise on though.

You need to concentrate on 2 main areas

Apex. As mentioned, it should be in the middle when looking at the nail sideways. At the moment it is too far forward - this gives them a front heavy look

Sidewalls. During finishing you have filed down in line with the skin fold. This is why they look like they fan out wider at the tip. Make sure to hold the file straight in line with the whole finger to make the nail appear straight

Hths

you need to concentrate on 2 main areas

apex. As mentioned, it should be in the middle when looking at the nail sideways. At the moment it is too far forward - this gives them a front heavy look

sidewalls. During finishing you have filed down in line with the skin fold. This is why they look like they fan out wider at the tip. Make sure to hold the file straight in line with the whole finger to make the nail appear straight

hths

thanks :) :) i'll put some more photos up at the end of the week...hopefully i will have improved on this!! :)

Latest posts

Back