My husband was in a car crash with my kids in the car

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHBeauty

Reaction score
Everyone is ok, a bit shaken and few bruises.

It wasn't his fault a car pulled out from a layby without looking and she ploughed into the side of our car. He was doing about 50miles an hour.

I was at home and had the call no-one ever wants to hear "I've been in involved in a car crash"

It was only minutes from home so I got my dad to drive me to them. All 3 kids were hysterical but unharmed. My kids are 9,7 and 3 so only little. The car hit my 7 year olds door and she banged her head, where the air bags came out it hit my sons arm and it has a big bruise. My 3year old has a sore neck this morning.

The ambulance checked them over and they were all fine. I'm so glad everyone was ok.

Our car looks like it has had a tin opener taken to it :(

She admitted liability to the police and that's all in record but it's the nightmare of not having a car until we can get it sorted out! My insurance company doesn't open until 8am so i have no idea if I can have courtesy car or not.

We are supposed to be going to France for a week next Monday, we are driving so not sure if we can even go! The kids will be gutted if we can't go.

I am sooooo shocked and relieved at the same time!

Very glad to hear everyone is okay! At least the other driver admitted she was responsible, so hopefully it should be straight forward with the insurers.. Hope you get to France alright! Could you borrow a family members car, or rent one? Hopefully a courtesy car will be possible - hope or all works out alright for you! Xx

I am glad evereyone is ok and I am sure that everything will fall into place with getting a courtesy car etc..

As she was at fault and admitted liability you should be able to get the courtesy car from her insurance :wink2:. You should still be able to go to France even if it is in a courtesy car (just make sure you tell your insurance you are taking it to France).

That's the worse of the damage but it has actually ripped off the back bumper off and damaged the front passenger door aswell. Side airbags went off 2 smashed iPads and a smashed iPod!

I didn't think about courtesy car on her Insurance I've never had to deal with this before.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372661801.048587.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1372661801.048587.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 242
That must have been terrible for you all. Big hugs - so glad you're all okay xx

God lord you poor poor people! So glad your all okay!

I hope you get it all sorted out today and it doesn't affect your holiday to France. Hugs xx

Thank goodness everyone is ok! I hope you've all recovered from the shock a bit.

Like the others said, hopefully a courtesy car, otherwise a rental.

Does the insurance include contents so you can get new iPods and iPad? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh no! I'm glad everyone is ok. Damage looks quite bad. Don't worry too much the insurance should cover everything and hopefully you can get a courtesy car and still make it to France.

Big hugs xxx

Just got off the phone. To the insurance, we should have a courtesy car today. Unlikely that we can take it abroad. But we may be able tomorrow a car from my sister for the week.

It all looks straight forward and we should know by the end of the week if the car has been written off and what the next step is.

I don't care about the car I'm just glad everyone (inc the driver if the other car and child passenger) are ok, even though I only 7 days ago we paid £600 to get it through its MOT!!

How'd it go? Are they going to cover it all xx

Thank god they are all ok. xx

Sorry I should have saif that my boyfriend used to work in insurance and that is why I gave the info I did this morning about getting the courtesy car on her insurance :wink2:

You should have no reason to not use the courtesy car to go to France either.

Im so glad to hear everyone is ok! Xx

I'm sure they will write your car off, I had an accident in feb and I wasn't allowed to take my courtesy car abroad. As soon as they write the car off you normally have to give back the courtesy car though, but hopefully will have the money from the write off and be able to buy something else. It's a nightmare and it goes on forever but just take each bit as it comes and it will all get sorted in the end xx

I have a courtesy at but this company don't allow you to take the car.

I can't borrow a car either as no-one apart from myself and my husband regardless of their own insurance cover can drive the hire car.

Our holiday was only £200 and we hasn't booked the ferry. But my kids were so excited and I am gutted about having to cancel, I'm not giving up yet and I'm holding out hope for the holiday.

Once I have had my car written off and I have received the money the car has to be back within 3 days.

I may even have the £400 excess taken off of my settlement amount! Which is ridiculous.

I have no idea whether it will take a day, a week or months!!

Thank Goodness everyone is ok, that must have been really frightening. I hope you can sort something out for France. :hug:

Latest posts

Back