My mate Tom....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spray 2 Go

Independent Geek!
Reaction score
I took the plunge and bought a "TomTomGo" traffic navigation system a few months back and have been SOOOOOO impressed with it! I can honestly say this gadget has been a lifesaver! I have been driving for twenty years and have been getting lost for 19 and a half of them!!! I don't know about you but I just cannot do maps!!!!

All you do is attach this little box to your windscreen with suction pads, tap in your destination - all touch screen activated, press done and he will guide you straight to your next port of call!

It did take a bit of getting used to with "right turn ahead" "go around the roundabout and take the first exit...." but we get on amazingly now, I love him! He is so cool he never gets cross when I take a wrong turn, just calmly says "turn around where possible!" If you need to find a petrol station, he will guide you to the nearest one, tells you where the speed cameras are..... so you can slow down and smile at them!!!! He will announce "you have reached your destination" as you pull up outside the address you have plumbed in at the beginning of the journey!!

I must have saved £££££'s in fuel and am now so much more confident in visiting places up and down the country and know what time my ETA will be...... it calculates the distance, time etc! Will find a diversion if the road is blocked.... oh how I could go on!!!!

It's FAB!!!! And an absolute bonus for anyone doing lots of travelling!

we have one of those in our household, my dad likes to deliberately drive the wrong way because hes just silly. Id love to re-program it to say "your going the wrong effing way u idiot" i think hed love that!!

sounds fab particlarly if you are driving on your own and can not read a map at the same time as you are driving. So where could we buy tom from!

We love out tom too, couldnt be without it LOL

Amanda

I am looking at buying one of these, as like you, I constantly get lost.

I've been doing a lot of research on Sat Nav's and the TomTom has been getting very good reviews.

The only thing is the price ........ :-(

My dad has one with a woman that speaks!

When he goes out I say 'got a date with your other woman' - he still doesn't get it bless him!

Right i am saving for one of these as i am always getting lost! thanks for sharing :)

xxx

This is definitely on my Christmas list - present for ME!

Question is have u been techy like me and dowloaded all the speed camera locations for it (known as POI (Points of Interest)), so mine now sounds like a German U Boat when I am 250m from a camera !

Lol - it's cool isn't it !!!!

techygeek said:
Question is have u been techy like me and dowloaded all the speed camera locations for it (known as POI (Points of Interest)), so mine now sounds like a German U Boat when I am 250m from a camera !

As for a womans voice...... well my DH says he can no way have a woman telling him which way to go and be right.... just not natural lol - He is so used to me and my lack of map reading skills!!!!

I also get lost often, but i don't know if this would work for me, i'm just SOOO distracted. I know how to get there, but i always seem to miss my exit or something like that....

I want a tom! I have a Paul but he's useless!

I'm constantly getting lost; I'm finally just getting used to driving around my home village that I've only lived in for 20 years! I'm terrible with street names and I constantly have to ask my clients for directions :o quite unprofessional, lol.

Latest posts

Back