My nails are peeling off like layers of shale

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss.Soul

Reaction score
Hello all

I used to have a really bad nail biting habit (from the age of 8 to the age of 29) and I've finally mostly kicked it. I have been using nail polish pretty religiously for the last year and while my nails didn't grow well, they weren't peeling like they are now. I started using sally hansen green tea and bamboo stregenthener. It seems to have made them start to flake off really badly - sometimes they flake so badly I am afraid of damage to the nail bed. I've stopped using it but I was hoping for some advice on products or techniques that would help my poor, damaged nails. When I was a kid I remember my mom telling me that gelatic capsules made your hair and nails strong, is this still the recommendation? If so where would I purchase them? I've included images so you can see. Its not that bad right now but it was much worse before I stopped using that sally hansen product.

Thanks all :)

GcUqCQY.jpg

MsluWXy.jpg

I couldn't tell from you profile if you are a nail professional or not as it's incomplete. If you are then purchasing IBX by Famous Names will be great for you. There is a whole thread on here plus details on the famous names Facebook page and website. If you're not a professional then finding a salon that offers this treatment near you would be great for your nails as IBX is the only treatment of its kind that repairs the nail plate by fusing the layers together through IPN technology. I hope this helps ;) xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for IBX :D

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Latest posts

Back