My Shellac shelf sitters - layering options?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
I know there is a layering thread but I can't find the colours on their that I need.

I never use -

Vexed violette
Burnt romance
Pretty poison
Hotski

Does anyone have any good layering options to make these colours more appealing to clients? I don't have all the colours but have quite a few.

What would you suggest?

Pretty poison is amazeballs over overtly onyx....
Hot ski is fab to use as a " popper" in art and carving it with purple purple is great.
Burnt romance is lovely with brown/gold glitters mixed and faded from the edge or with foils.

I find that pretty poison doesn't get used with me so made up lots of new Xmas nail art colour pops using this colour and have had people chose it not! I've been using it with gold, red and green foils for a Xmas look for those that don't want full on nail art x

Vexed Violet over Lilac Longing makes this beautiful shade shown in the middle.

picture.php

Burnt Romance is lovely when used in layering. Try it with Ruby Ritz or Decadence.

Attachments

• collage of burnet romance.jpg
    collage of burnet romance.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 1,005
Vexed violet over purple purple results in my most popular shade of purple - clients love it.

Vexed violet over purple purple results in my most popular shade of purple - clients love it.

Just tried it! Thank you I love it!

Vexed Violet over Lilac Longing makes this beautiful shade shown in the middle.

picture.php

Burnt Romance is lovely when used in layering. Try it with Ruby Ritz or Decadence.

Was going to buy lilac longing the other day but held off because I didn't think many would get it this time of year! Wish I did now that looks lovely!

Also your Ruby ritz looks so much more glittery than my one! :(

I love hotski over Blackpool :) not in my salon at the mo but I'll post a picture later for you :)

All colours look so different and fab with the new iced vapor over if you have it, really Christmassy

Hotski is fab for designs over so many colours, it's worth having a play.

Another option would be to use them under glitters!!

I use Hotski for designs but would like to get more use out of it as I'm pretty sure it's only ever been used about two or three times for a full set!

When I used Hotski and did the large CND silver glitter fade over it, it was the picture that went viral for me on my FB page and strangers asked me about them. I've never had that before.
It's perfect for the Christmas party season we are about to enter, get it on your fingers!

I love hotski with sea glass additive over it it's deffo not a shelf sitter for me x

Vexed Violet is my absolute favourite just as it is, I have had it on for over 6 weeks now (2 week redos obviously!) although 2 weeks ago I did put Silver VIP staus over it to give my nails a bit of sparkle.
A lot of my clients love it too but then they always want what I'm wearing!

Will give it a try over purple purple though as it isn't too popular as it is such a blue purple.

Hotski over Blackpool or midnight swim is gorgeous x

pretty poison with gold v.i.p status layered over the top to make it pop or use gold glitter fading out over it

Vexed Violet is my absolute favourite just as it is, I have had it on for over 6 weeks now (2 week redos obviously!) although 2 weeks ago I did put Silver VIP staus over it to give my nails a bit of sparkle.
A lot of my clients love it too but then they always want what I'm wearing!

Will give it a try over purple purple though as it isn't too popular as it is such a blue purple.

Mine too! But I am going to try it layered with purple purple as that's a shelf sitter.

Hot ski over Blackpool or purple purple gives a lovely teal colour that clients just love!

Vexed violet with the lilac additive is beautiful( I'm not at salon and can't remember what the additives names are)

Burnt romance with the matching additive over gives it a lovely soft shimmer and a warmer hue and is just beautiful...it's my next colour to wear!!

Pretty poison, either one coat layered over white to give a softer green or with glitter on toes or gold foils

Wear them yourself and they won't be shelf sitters anymore!!

Here's a set of Burnt Romance with a rose gold glitter fade which lifts the colour.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 360
Limeade over Pretty Poison is FAB. I think I saw a pic of it in the Shellac Lovers Group.

Latest posts

Back