My Shellac top coat's thick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlsdiesel2

Reaction score
I've had my topcoat for about a month I used it on a lady yesterday and it was really thick.
why would this be?I can't remember it being this thick when I got it.
Do I need a new one?how many applications should it last for?Xx

Shellac top coat is thicker than the colours. You need to make sure you clean around the neck of the bottle and make sure lid is on tightly after each use. Keep it away from sunlight and away from your lamp when it is on. Make sure you shake it like mad before you use it too.

If it's too thick to work with then yes you will need to get a new one.

I can't remember off the top of my head how many applications per bottle. Give s2 a ring and they will be able to advise you xx

Shellac top coat is thicker than the colours. You need to make sure you clean around the neck of the bottle and make sure lid is on tightly after each use. Keep it away from sunlight and away from your lamp when it is on. Make sure you shake it like mad before you use it too.

If it's too thick to work with then yes you will need to get a new one.

I can't remember off the top of my head how many applications per bottle. Give s2 a ring and they will be able to advise you xx

Thankyou! I always keep it away from my lamp and sunlight so maybe I need a need a new one.
It worked ok just mega thick compared to my colour.Xx

Thankyou! I always keep it away from my lamp and sunlight so maybe I need a need a new one.
It worked ok just mega thick compared to my colour.Xx

When you don't use your products very regularly, then solvents can evaporate and it can go thicker (just like any polish). Tap the bottle against the palm of your hand to shake it up well and if still thick, then just work it well onto the surface to thin it out. I would get a back up bottle though.

When you don't use your products very regularly, then solvents can evaporate and it can go thicker (just like any polish). Tap the bottle against the palm of your hand to shake it up well and if still thick, then just work it well onto the surface to thin it out. I would get a back up bottle though.

Thankyou! Think I'll do that don't wanna get caught short.Xx

I'm not sure if this is correct technically, but i had some heating problems and my top coat became a bit thicker because it was cold.

After reading a few posts i filled a small bowl with some hot water and left the bottle in it for a few minutes. The polish warmed up and returned to it's usual consistency. Worked like a charm and didn't have any more problems xx

Mine is very thick too, has been from day one. I can still work with it though, I just give it a really good shake and sit it in between my legs whilst I do the rest of the application and by the time I come to use it, it's thinned out a little. Still quite thick but I just wipe off as much as I can off the brush to ensure it's going on nice and thin

I found this happening to me and now I sit it on top of my raidiator and it becomes very runny and much more easy to use :)

Mine is very thick too, has been from day one. I can still work with it though, I just give it a really good shake and sit it in between my legs whilst I do the rest of the application and by the time I come to use it, it's thinned out a little. Still quite thick but I just wipe off as much as I can off the brush to ensure it's going on nice and thin

Oo great tip I might try this.Xx

Latest posts

Back