my student's art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeni Giles

Reaction score
Please take a look at the gallery, this is what I have taught my students. I also have to share that the student who won in the artificial nail category hated doing nails and was never going to do them after her required 5 sets (she is a cosmetology student) but I talked her into taking my 6 week nail class and she decided to enter the competition. She's decided to do nails now.

I finally had time to get them loaded, all of the art is acrylic, even the animals. My students wanted something that when the judges for our student competition saw it would make them say wow, that's cool. We looked at pictures, the gallery here and at a few other sites, and she decided she wanted the jungle. So here's how I got it going for her.
Supplies: cellophane, natural colored powder, monomer, brush, tweezers, and toy animals

we started by taping the cellophane to the table and sculpting the neck of the giraffe (we both made one, I went first to prove it could be done, relief on my part, it worked:wink2: ) we did a rather long 2 inch by 1 inch wide piece, let it begin to harden and just before it set peeled it off the cellophane and rolled it into a tube. Then we made the head by getting the basic shape and building slowly bead by bead until it was the same shape as our toy model. The ears we used the same technique as a 3 d rose, and put everything together using acrylic. Then we painted.

Each animal was done in pieces, arms, legs ears and put together using acrylic.

The butterfly's are done with EZ Flow glitter powders from the boogie nights and walk of fame collection.

The spanish motiff was done in the same manner as the jungle, with Creative nail powders.

I'm so impressed by the talent of my students that I can hardly keep it contained. It makes me feel good knowing that they listened, trusted, and tried. These students are our future, isn't it amazing?

WOW they are amazing! I especially like the fact that the whole hand has been decorated, not just the nails.

Well done to you and your students x

Wow looks like you have all been working really hard. Well done.
x

Hmm, this kinda puts my nail art to shame! Note to self...must try harder! Those nails are fab, I'd love to be able to do stuff like that!

looks really great.they must be so pleased

Latest posts

Back