My timings INCREASED!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamimac

Stringfellows Geek
Reaction score
The last 3 rebalances have INCREASED in time from 1 hour 10min, to around the two hour mark. I have tried keeping a check on where my time is going and have read GEEGs tutorial and practised, but sometings not right. I seem to be really struggling with my blooming smile lines again. They are a source of constant stress in my life and I thought Id got the kinks worked out, but In the last few days I seem to have taken giant leaps backwards. Im almost back at begginners stage. Whats going on?
My client this evening looked ready to chew her own arm off to get home. It took me ages to get to a level I was happy with and now Ive 'lost it'.
Ive done 2 great sets the last two days in natural (no white tips) Do any other techs really struggle with smile lines?

i am also taking longer than usual with my french rebalances...dont let your timings shake your confidence....try to stay positive and book out extra time till your back on track...just focus on getting the smile right without being concerned about the time...being stressed about your timing may be taking away your ability to do a good smile? are the enhancements coming back a little thicker than you like? this will certainly add up to more filing time. dont beat yourself up hun, try using smaller beads for a thinner enhancement... and remember some clients present with nails that need less work than others,chin up x. can you add exactly how you are struggling with your smiles, for more help? you WILL end up back on track sooner or later. concentrate on one problem are at a time then move on to the next.:hug:

what do you think is causing it ? are you putting too much on and then taking extra time to file it off ?
what you could try is doing half a dozen smile lines on tips before your client comes, just to get you into the swing.

I´ve been doing nails professional now for two moths and at the beginning it just took 2 hours with special nailrt or french,but lately i find i take too long aswelli work with gel,not P&L,but that really isn´t an excuse...it´s getting on my nervs and i fell the same as you,depressed as my time is just running away....

I´m too trying to find the time-taking things,but with no luck.

Andrea

perhaps now you are more experienced you have become more critical of your work and are spending more time sorting it out. thats a good thing its the attention to detail that makes a good nail. if you have no eye for that, you wont see how you can improve. even if you produced the worst nail ever, as long as you realised, you would be able to improve it. when you wham 'em on in 1/2 an hour and think they look great is when you really have a problem !

I'm there too. Unfortunately other than practice, I don't get much time on real live humans I just had a dental meeting and nail enhancements are no longer allowed in the medical setting. Apparantly someone somwhere died because of bacteria that was pick up by a nurse and harboured in/under her nail(s) and then passed it on. Luckily I'm the receptionist 99.9% of the time so I'm safe. It's jsut a bummer because that's a large group of ladies I could have potentially picked up as clients and now they all have a negative feeling towards them. Anyways I'm off track here.
I'm at 1.5-2 hrs as well for rebacances. What I found helpfull was to be really organized. If I have a client coming I put everything in order of use so it's right there when I need it if my forms need to be shaped or altered I will do it before they arrive (I keep a little chart so I can refresh my memory on what the clients needs are). Also Maybe they can brign a friend of have a TV for them to watch. I cannot chat with my clients while I do there nails otherwise it takes me FOERVER. I guess I can't do two things at once. I suppose that comes with pracitise as well. Sorry guys can't proof read my post my husband is being a pouty pants and needs my help getting his lunch ready. TTFN I hope this helps

I tend to have good days and bad days on my smile lines, and iv been doing nails for 3 years now, but the good definatly outways the not so perfect thank god. I think stress does not help in the matter!

sometimes we all reach a point where we think we are going backwards or have hit a brickwall with reguarding nails, we seem to do great then all of a sudden we arent producing the type pf good nails we were doing before or out timings have increased or we go back to not being able to do decent smile after doing ok with them.
this is when well for me you need to get yourself doing either a skill building course or a 1-2-1 this really makes a difference having someone else pointing out where we are going wrong and to tweak areas we are having trouble with, it also gives you a big gee up a confidence boost.

I have found that my timings have increased too but i also find that i am doing more manicures and not so many nail enhancements at the mo. At xmas i had 3 or 4 clients every day for enhancements and found my timings decreased i really think its because i was into the flow of doing them. I am now going to practice before a client comes in to see if that helps.

Shelley

Thanks guys, I just had another rotten rebalance, I was really analytical and the problem is in two areas, 1- my new files are PANTS!!! the only thing being removed was black grit! It was like trying to file with a lollypop stick. There was hardly any product to remove but hell, it took ages. Problem easily solved... buy better files.
2- the smile line. What sicko invented the french look. I was never taught the french procedure and have had to teach myself. I am gonna set time aside tomorrow morning and practise myself silly. I would love a 1-2-1 sesh but cannot afford it right now. I think half the problem with my smiles is they always seem to turn out straight, instead of gently curved. Ive followed GMGs tutorial but its just not working for me. My natural look L&P nails are beautiful, its just that damn french.

I'm the same, when I'm doin quite a few people one after the other woth enchancements my time gets better and better. Sometimes when the client is talking to you, you find it takes you an hour and 15 mins, instead of your usual hour. :lol:

I think it depends what mood your in aswell.

tamimac said:
Thanks guys, I just had another rotten rebalance, I was really analytical and the problem is in two areas, 1- my new files are PANTS!!! the only thing being removed was black grit! It was like trying to file with a lollypop stick. There was hardly any product to remove but hell, it took ages. Problem easily solved... buy better files.
2- the smile line. What sicko invented the french look. I was never taught the french procedure and have had to teach myself. I am gonna set time aside tomorrow morning and practise myself silly. I would love a 1-2-1 sesh but cannot afford it right now. I think half the problem with my smiles is they always seem to turn out straight, instead of gently curved. Ive followed GMGs tutorial but its just not working for me. My natural look L&P nails are beautiful, its just that damn french.
when i do my french i apply just the right sized bead to get it done in one go..let it set up for a few seconds...start pressing out from either side of the bead...working as quickly as possible...making sure i'm keeping my brush flat and letting the product form the smile, not digging those flags into the product..gradually pushing up towards the sidewalls...finish up with a swipe along the smile...make sure you have a correct ratio...and dont wipe the brush out at all on your towel. hope this is of some help to you! maybe when you do natural sets try doing your tips as you would do a french also coloured or glitter powders are more easier to practice with to get your confidence back. x

Latest posts

Back