Mydentity from Guy Tang - anyone tried it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcidPerm

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Picked up a couple of tubes and developer in Sallys yesterday to try on myself. I bought the 8SP and 8DL. Reading his online manual it suggests for going from level 5 to an 8, to mix with 30vol and apply.
That makes sense ordinarily.
However, when I’ve done any colour that’s grey based, I normally pre-lighten the roots to a 10, tone them first to neutralise any yellow and then apply my grey based tint.

I’m going to let my roots grow for another couple of weeks first then try it, but what’s been your experience?
If I like it, I’m going to try the bleach products next. They sound amazing.

Picked up a couple of tubes and developer in Sallys yesterday to try on myself. I bought the 8SP and 8DL. Reading his online manual it suggests for going from level 5 to an 8, to mix with 30vol and apply.
That makes sense ordinarily.
However, when I’ve done any colour that’s grey based, I normally pre-lighten the roots to a 10, tone them first to neutralise any yellow and then apply my grey based tint.

I’m going to let my roots grow for another couple of weeks first then try it, but what’s been your experience?
If I like it, I’m going to try the bleach products next. They sound amazing.
Hi Hun. I use the guy tang colours all the time. They are amazing!!!! I don’t really like the permanent series tho (Kenra) I prefer the Demi’s. I’d deffo bleach up to a clean 10 then use with 6 vol!!! The guy tang bleach is awesome and the rose gold are my favourites. I could give you some rose gold cocktails if you wanted them x

Thanks for your feedback. Yes please to some cocktail mixes.
The tubes I bought are labelled Mydentity permanent but they also sold the Kenra Guy Tang Favourites range in the next aisle so I think they’re meant to be different products??
However, I haven’t tried Kenra range so I’ve not got anything to compare them with.
Also, have you tried adding any of the boosters in with the colour? I didn’t buy a booster but now I’m wondering if I should have done.

Thanks for your feedback. Yes please to some cocktail mixes.
The tubes I bought are labelled Mydentity permanent but they also sold the Kenra Guy Tang Favourites range in the next aisle so I think they’re meant to be different products??
However, I haven’t tried Kenra range so I’ve not got anything to compare them with.
Also, have you tried adding any of the boosters in with the colour? I didn’t buy a booster but now I’m wondering if I should have done.
Aw ok they don’t stock the mydentity permanent here!!! Neither the boosters and I’m dying to get my hands on the pink ones
Ok. For a golden rose gold demi 20ml 8brom 20 ml 10brom 8rom or 5vr squirt of. With 20 vol. for a pink rose gold Demi 7rg and 9rg with 6 vol
8n and 8rom in perm or Demi x

Love Guy Tang and Kenra especially if you watch his videos along with using his products. Very informative

Did this using 8N and highlights using spatulas

Attachments

• 5E14FB5A-B80C-4EE2-AF81-51CD7816BC14.jpeg
    5E14FB5A-B80C-4EE2-AF81-51CD7816BC14.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back