Myofascial release

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam81

Reaction score
Hey geeks :) Just after a bit of massage advice. I'm currently qualified at VTCT level 3 Swedish massage (I also do Indian Head, Reflexology, Hot stones amongst other things) and am looking to increase my skills with some CPD courses. I'm getting asked for a lot of deep tissue massages and would like to learn some more techniques so that I can be more effective without putting strain on my body. Has anyone trained in Myofascial release with Gateway workshops? Would this be a good starting point and is it a stand alone treatment or something that can be worked into any massage? Can anyone suggest any other popular massage treatments? Thanks, hope someone can help!

I'm doing my level 3 Swedish body now, today we were introduced to myofascial release. It is an amazing technique which has really helped me so looking forward to learning more.

When I asked my lecturer about how we can market techniques that we haven't got the certifications for I was advised we could say massage with additional body work ect.

Sorry I can't help u with what to go for from a working therapists point of view but I definitely want to go on to do trigger point therapy as CPD as I find it (and every new thing I learn about the body) fascinating! :)

Hope more experienced people answer as I would also like to hear thier thoughts.

Lindsey x

Visit Jing Institute's website. They're from Brighton and are amazing. I think they do courses all over but I am not sure.

I did Gateway course and Jing one and the difference was huge :)

Jing all the way x

I did Gateway course and Jing one and the difference was huge :)

Jing all the way x

Glad you enjoyed your course :)

Hey geeks :) Just after a bit of massage advice. I'm currently qualified at VTCT level 3 Swedish massage (I also do Indian Head, Reflexology, Hot stones amongst other things) and am looking to increase my skills with some CPD courses. I'm getting asked for a lot of deep tissue massages and would like to learn some more techniques so that I can be more effective without putting strain on my body. Has anyone trained in Myofascial release with Gateway workshops? Would this be a good starting point and is it a stand alone treatment or something that can be worked into any massage? Can anyone suggest any other popular massage treatments? Thanks, hope someone can help!

If you want to offer Myofascial Release as a treatment then you need to hold a certificate in Myofascial Release - contact Certificate in Integrated Myofascial Therapy

If you just want to learn the basics to add the techniques to your existing massage, there are a number of short courses available. As has been mentioned, Jing offer it and unless you go to one of the good Sports/Remedial Massage Schools, then Jing are the way to go - head an shoulders above any other general massage training schools and well worth the travel to Brighton.

You could also look at Trigger Point, Soft Tissue Release and NMT to add techniques to your massage.

If you haven't done a deep tissue massage course, then I would recommend starting with that - Jing do a very good one too and are excellent at teaching body mechanics so you will be able to deliver a massage without putting strain on your body. ;)

Think I know where our summer holiday will be this year! Just need to find a babysitter to come with us now! ;)

Thanks for sharing :)

I've done deep tissue with Jing and I've learnt really amazing techniques which give deeper, better massage with me being completely relaxed after and not tire at all. Magic :)

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions, looks like I've got some more research (and saving up!) to do :) I really want to take my massage to the next level, think I might start off with a deep tissue course and take it from there :)

Latest posts

Back