Mystery Skin Complaint - Multiple tiny whiteheads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megan2682

Reaction score
Hello All

I was looking for a little bit of professional advice. I have searched all over the web and can sadly not find an answer to my question.

I have always had very good skin, around 18 months ago I had a mirena coil fitted (which was for medical reason and not contraception, so it is not appropriate for me to have it removed). Around 3 months after that i started to notice little raised points on my cheeks that have got consistantly worse spreading all over the sides of my face and under my chin. They are tiny little white heads that seem to poke out of the pores in my skin, i do not ever get pimples with them, they are always solid, and although tiny there are hundreds of them, when you run your hand over my skin they give the feeling that my skin is rough which is isn't. Unless you get up close you can't really see them, but they are getting worse and worse and I am starting to get very self consious about them ... and I am obviously concerned on how bad they might get :cry:.

Exfoliating has helped to a very minimal degree, and I've also tried pore strips which did absolutely nothing.

Does anyone know what this is, and can anyone recommend any treatments or creams that could solve my problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey hun, without seeing it it's difficult to be precise, but from your description it sounds like milia to me. I found this on the net, you may find it helpful.

Milia

xx:hug:xx

Hey there

Thanks for your response, I've seen similar info on the web regarding this, but it's not quite what I have. The white "points" are actually poking out of my skin rather than trapped underneath it, they appear to be coming out where my hair follicles are.

Thanks x

Hey there

Thanks for your response, I've seen similar info on the web regarding this, but it's not quite what I have. The white "points" are actually poking out of my skin rather than trapped underneath it, they appear to be coming out where my hair follicles are.

Thanks x

I think it would be wise for you to ask your GP to refer you to a dermatolagist tbh.It's very hard to guess what the problem is but it sounds hormonal given that the spots tie in with when you had the coil.However this is just a guess.

You could go to a clinic/salon and have a micro dermabrasion treatment or a galvanic facial but I think it's important that you have your skin looked at by a medically qualified person first as you could exasperate matters.HTH a little

Try researching milia, these are small White raised lumps that can be treated with the use of an epilation machine x

Latest posts

Back