Nail art advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambz94

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone could give me there way of doing nail art..

when i have put all the nails on, would i do the nail art before the i put acrylic on the nail or do the acrylic on the nail following by nail art then enclaupse the nail art in more acrylic or just a top coat.
when i mean nail art i mean nail art pens to draw leopard print ect
thankyou:)

On top of your acrylic right before you top coat

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

yes, on top, after base coat and before your top coat, and can I recommend Lumos as being a fab base and top coat and brilliant at preserving nail art . . . . I used OPI and it didn't last long - Lumos exceeded it by nearly a week. (available from S2)

If you were going to dabble in crushed shells, dried flower etc, then you would encapsulate but nail art done with paint or pens goes on top.

Or of course you could seal it in with a gel topcoat like Glaze & Go and it will last till the next infill, if they want it to last that long. Hope this helps

yes, on top, after base coat and before your top coat, and can I recommend Lumos as being a fab base and top coat and brilliant at preserving nail art . . . . I used OPI and it didn't last long - Lumos exceeded it by nearly a week. (available from S2)

If you were going to dabble in crushed shells, dried flower etc, then you would encapsulate but nail art done with paint or pens goes on top.

Or of course you could seal it in with a gel topcoat like Glaze & Go and it will last till the next infill, if they want it to last that long. Hope this helps
That helps alot, thankyou x

whats S2 , pm me x - also would i biuff&shine the nail before i out on the top coat ?x

Sorry - Sweet Squared! Also I think a couple of other retailers might sell it, try googling it if you're interested. And it's the quickest drying on the market - I'm so pleased with it - you'd think I was on commission lol

Sorry - Sweet Squared! Also I think a couple of other retailers might sell it, try googling it if you're interested. And it's the quickest drying on the market - I'm so pleased with it - you'd think I was on commission lol
ive requested to be a memeber so i can get prices.
-would i buff&shine the nail before i put on the top coat ?x

Yes, I would buff smooth but I wouldn't oil, then I'd use acetone before the base coat. Let the base coat dry to touch before you start (not long with lumos lol)
Remember if you use acrylic paints you can then wipe the design off with water on a pad if it goes wrong!

Yes, I would buff smooth but I wouldn't oil, then I'd use acetone before the base coat. Let the base coat dry to touch before you start (not long with lumos lol)
Remember if you use acrylic paints you can then wipe the design off with water on a pad if it goes wrong!
great thankyou youve been great help, is it ok to pm you if i need anymore advice?

great thankyou youve been great help, is it ok to pm you if i need anymore advice?

yes of course although I am no expert lol, but have recently been venturing into nail art myself so have been finding all these things out! I'll help if I can x

Latest posts

Back