Nail art brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikndon

Reaction score
hi guys i was just wonderring what type of nail art brushes do you use when doing very detailed hand painting? i use the fine detailer but the bristles tend to spray and i find it hard to do very small details with? also what paints do you use? thanks mikaela

i got the nail art brush set from nsi and find the really fine bush good but am interested to know of any other good ultra fine brushes. the brushes in art shops arent fine enough

I got mine from Hobby Craft. They have a miniature painting range and are not expensive. If you struggling to get a thin line that means that your pressure is to hard or if you are using acrylic paint it's not diluted with water enough. For gel design u use V-rush pen set the green and blue brushes.

Hope this helps.

Just to add to the comments above.

There are two main brush types used: doters and stripers. Doters have short hair not longer than 5mm and are used to make dots or extremely fine details. Stripers are usually 12mm or up to 25mm and used to make curved lines - use shorter for zig-zag lines, and longer for longer flowing curves.

Natural hair is best, but synthetic is ok to start. Both can be bought from art shops - as can the acrylic paint.

i definately think natural hair is best. it absorbs the paint better and follows curves better.

if you have a brush that is not fine enough, it is possible to trim hairs away from the base of the brush. do it a few hairs at a time evenly round the brush. never pluck hairs out because it will cause the metal ferule to loosen and the hairs will all drop out. never trim off the end of hairs to shorten them either, they need the tapered point of the hair to perform correctly.

Latest posts

Back