Nail Art Course Cancelled - AGAIN !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River

Reaction score
I don't friggin believe it ! I am sooo upset at the moment :grr:

I have been trying for almost 2 years to do a nail art course and every single time I put my name down for one it gets cancelled.

Solihull College was suppose to start a nail art course tonight and guess what, it's been cancelled !!!!!

They were kind enough to give me the name of another institution that is running the course, called them all excited, yes, they started the course last night and they can still take me on. Bloody hell, I can't believe that finally I can actually go on a nail art course, just to be told the course runs from 09:15 - 12:15 in the day. I work during the day, there is absolutely no way I can ask my boss to give me 5 hours off every Monday for 6 weeks to attend the course. He'd much rather give me my P45 first :grr: :grr:

I am really fed up and upset about this. I just want to learn to do some basic nail art, nothing fancy. I've tried teaching myself, but I am useless.

Maybe the gods are trying to tell me something ..... :cry:

River

How frustrating! Shame you don't live closer you could pop round mine for an evening and i would happily show you some basic techniques. To be honest i really think it is a matter of just having a play and seeing what designs you can create.

suey said:
How frustrating! Shame you don't live closer you could pop round mine for an evening and i would happily show you some basic techniques. To be honest i really think it is a matter of just having a play and seeing what designs you can create.

Ah Suey, thanks for the support. I'm not very artistic and have had a play, but it just doesn't work.

I've tried doing flicks and dots (flower pattern) and it looks like something has exploded on my nails !

Just need someone to show me and then perhaps it would make better sense to me.

River

If getting on a course is turning into a nightmare (try Gina, my collegue on the mainland-www.mntn.co.uk) if that fails 'Ultimate Nail Art by Renata' fab designs from 'easy' to 'expert' £19.50 plus £3.00 pp. Check out the other stuff as well!!

Cu!

River said:
Ah Suey, thanks for the support. I'm not very artistic and have had a play, but it just doesn't work.

I've tried doing flicks and dots (flower pattern) and it looks like something has exploded on my nails !

Just need someone to show me and then perhaps it would make better sense to me.

River

Hi River,

I did attend a "nail art class" which was arranged through my local Capital supplier......what a waste of money:rolleyes: It didn't teach me anything new.

Like yourself, I'm not very artistic, although I don't practice to be honest (nail art isn't for me), however, I would look on ebay for a secondhand book on nail art and just play away at home. Do a search on the nail art forum on here, there's loads of ideas.

River said:
I don't friggin believe it ! I am sooo upset at the moment :grr:

I have been trying for almost 2 years to do a nail art course and every single time I put my name down for one it gets cancelled.

Solihull College was suppose to start a nail art course tonight and guess what, it's been cancelled !!!!!

They were kind enough to give me the name of another institution that is running the course, called them all excited, yes, they started the course last night and they can still take me on. Bloody hell, I can't believe that finally I can actually go on a nail art course, just to be told the course runs from 09:15 - 12:15 in the day. I work during the day, there is absolutely no way I can ask my boss to give me 5 hours off every Monday for 6 weeks to attend the course. He'd much rather give me my P45 first :grr: :grr:

I am really fed up and upset about this. I just want to learn to do some basic nail art, nothing fancy. I've tried teaching myself, but I am useless.

Maybe the gods are trying to tell me something ..... :cry:

River
hi give serena a ring on 07816526496, she is an educator for young nails but also runs independant nail art courses,she is lovely, i did my young nails conversion course with her in solihull

I am sure many suppliers do nail art courses, maybe try giving them a ring.

Failing that why not get together with some local geeks and have a
"Nail Art Day" and i am sure you will pick up all the basics you need!!

I hope you find a solution.

you should talk to to angelfingers (Susan) she's just down the road in Northampton and her nail art is bril, also acording to her web site she teaches:lol: I'm sure she could sort you out and Birmingham to N'ton is a very easy journey.

suey said:

You should put together a geek course ! I know I would attend - I will be moving south in may and be real close.

TANYAMORLEY said:
hi give serena a ring on 07816526496, she is an educator for young nails but also runs independant nail art courses,she is lovely, i did my young nails conversion course with her in solihull

Hi Tanya,

Serena is the lady who will be teaching the day course that I mentioned in my first post. I was really excited when I heard that she would be doing it.

I believe her 121 fees are a bit pricey and I simply can't afford it, however, I will give her a call to double check.

The reason why I haven't been to suppliers offering nail art courses is that they are quite expensive and secondly, they generally don't get that good a review.

Thanks for all the suggestions girls !

River

Why not go down to ka-sa-ra you'd be able to sit your Level 2 nail art and I believe its the same price as the colleges.

PM Chocolate (fellow geek)

Yep i do the nail art courses, they run every month and thats what we are known for. Im a bit of a way, its takes about 3 hours to drive to Birmingham from here. I do have free geek nail art courses, i ran 2 in feb which were good fun, but i wont have another till the summer as some of the geeks want airbrushing first.

Its a shame you have had problems, you are not alone. Nail art is fun but still needs to be taught to a high standard to get the best effects. I do also offer the nail art NVQ unit if you want an official qualification.

Please email your address to [email protected] for more info. Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back