Nail art direction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smuff

Reaction score
Ok sounds like I'm stupid but did the nail art on some ones ring finger. Did it so that the free edge was the bottom of the picture and cuticle was the top. Then the client said it was upside down, which way do most people do their nail art. X

I always do nail art so it is the right way when I or someone else is to look at them straight (standing in front of them) I have had so many clients get "upset" or freak out that it's upside down to them. I just explain to them that when someone else looks at them they will be able to see and tell what they are and would they want to constantly be asked why it's upside down. Even though I guess that is a good way of getting them noticed. I guess you can say it's an OCD thing. I have done them so it faces the client just to get the session over on strong willed clients lol.

I do the same as you, it makes more sense
My daughter had a fake tattoo on her arm and insisted it was to be upside down so it was the right way up when she looked at it 😆

Same, bottom at the free edge so that to everyone else its the right way up :)

Thankyou so much guys. At least we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. 😄 xx

Yep another vote for the free edge being the bottom.

Anyway, if I did it the other way round, I think I'd have to either sit on the clients lap, or stand beside them and lean in front of them to do it that way up!! that would be a bit weird!

It's mad...Everyone has their own ways...I have a tattoo on my wrist of Dad that faces me because it's personal I want to see it rather than show it...I'm abit the same with nail art on myself but when doing a clients nails I always ask and 9/10 have it facing out wards for others to see xx

I always ask the client which way they prefer some say to face me and depending what they have others say face out do they can flash to others ;-)) xx

Latest posts

Back