nail art mistakes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer

Reaction score
When doing nail art how do you correct any mistakes without erasing the nail polish underneath or any of the other work you have already done?

Hi Jennifer, i use the small pots of acrylic paint and if i make an error i just use the tip of a cotton bud dipped into water and normally this removes it without any problem you may want to try something smaller though if your trying to remove just a tiny bit of paint x

i use water based acrylic paints, so if i make a mistake, i scratch off what i dont want with a tooth pick..............or i be creative and turn the art into something else. its a good idea though to prevent mistakes by painting your designs slow and steady untill you feel confident. look at the nail and visualise where you want the product to lay on the nail, then apply it. this always helps me. xxoo

If you are using acrylic paint, which is water based, you can use the methods listed above as long as the paint is still slightly wet. Once the paint is dry, the only way to remove it is to use alcohol. Just wet a cotton-tipped orangewood stick and it will come off. It will, however, dull the shine of that area of the nail polish, which won't matter once you top coat.

Happy Nail Arting!!!!

If you just make a small mistake and nick the paint or smudge a bit you can cover it with a rhinestone or use a dotting tool to add a line of dots to the design and cover up any mistakes.....

Latest posts

Back