Nail Art on Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5@MB

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am going to attempt some nail pops with Sheelac and some nail art tonight, it'll be my first attempt and I wondered if I could ask a few questions.

Do you finish your Shellac application, apart from topcoat, and use Shellac for the art or another Polish, then topcoat to seal?

How do you clean your brush?

Any other general tips?

Thank you!! Xx

Hi I use gellux not shellac so might be different but I always finish application, then nail art so if I make a mistake I can wipe it off and carry on. I then finish with another top coat as this hold everything in place.
Have fun playing! Xx

Normall shellac, don't top coat.
Do your design. Cure.
Top cost and cure.

Clean your brush in d sperse x

All depends on the art media and look you re trying to achieve ,

For light weight embellishments like glitter , foil , pigment , feather , cracked ice , all stick very nicely into the inhibition layer of cured color coat and then top coat,

If painting with Shellac on shellac I would do your base color cures and then do the art, cure and top coat,

If I'm using acrylic paint or stamps I do color cure top coat cure , remove inhabition layer , art , and more top coat .

Thank you! My little girl didn't go to bed till 10pm so I didn't get chance in the end. Got clients tonight too so it's going to have to wait till the weekend! Xx

8a2yduny.jpg

Here's my attempt! What does everyone think? Xx

I think that they are brilliant

Latest posts

Back