Nail art pamper parties-please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelgie

Reaction score
Please help!!

I and a friend are thinking of setting up a girly nail pamper parties suitable for 4 and above. The younger girls would have nail art, hands and feet. A goodie bag for all. Maybe a glamour bar and mags to occupy whilst others being pampered......With the possibility of added extras of maybe glitter tattoos, alcohol free bubbly, dressy up things.

We are also thinking of doing older girls ie hens, birthdays etc and doing gel nails (both qualified to do so).

I was wondering what your thoughts are and if anyone has any good advice? Prices etc?

Sorry if i havent explained myself in depth, everything is still a bit in the air at the moment so thanks in advance for your help.

I do occ do kids pamper parties and they are fun but hard work.

Check with your insurance what age your covered from and also get a enhanced crb check, its always good to show parents if they ask, I av mine n my wall of salon and a copy to take to parties.

You need polish that's quick drying, only get girls pinks, pastels and glitters and don't get to many as they'll just take longer to choose. Don't spend a lot as not worth it, get easy to stick decals, glitter tattoos and I norm do little goody bags to take home, with stickers, sweets etc...

You'll need to find a way to distract them so they don't bash, knock, smudge it as young kids soon loose interest and start fidgeting, then get upset when they've smudged it.

Limit your amount as 20+ kids just arghhh lol

It's fun but hard work and I'm always shattered afterwards.

Thanks maz101 thats really helpfull. Do you offer any other treatments? Also how do you entertain the others?

Thanks again

:biggrin:

I do it with a friend and we sit them down in a crocodile one behind the other and we play music and we chat and distract, my mate start at the back I'm at front and we meet in the middle, as each child done we get them to put their hands flat on the floor, then we start again with tattoos and by time that's done there dry. I normally won't do under 6 as the younger they are the harder it is to get the to sit still.

I rub a littler hand cream in, oh and I've done glitter hair spray before too..

Before the party talk to host and make sure she checks for allergies etc on kids, you don't want to do a tattoo and find issues, make a form up for each child saying aren't is ok with nail varnish and tattoos being used, I do this now as I painted a child's nails at first party and parents wernt happy as its frowned on due to their religion or something so I had to wipe it off and I felt bad for her.

Also in party bags I always make sure no sweets have nuts in, I work in a school and so many kids have nut allergies, better safe than sorry.

I was just going to do a search on this topic as I am looking to start offering parties for children too. I will be watching this thread for any advice and tips!

i wouldnt offer nail art to children at a party they will only smudge it!! keep it simple so nail polish with glitter or nailpolish and glitter (much easier to touch up if they do smudge!!)

simple make up, glitter spray in hair, glitter tattoos, face painting, polish on fingers or toes...i wouldnt go any further than that for little ones

for older ones(teenagers) you could introduce a foot or hand massage, a face mask, hand and foot exfoliation...you could start with them all soaking feet in bowls and go along doing exfoliation and put feet back to soak and then go back along line and dry fee, massage then wrap in warm towels (you could of painted fingers first)

make sure you charge enough as doing this sort of event is hard work and non stop for hours, you wont get a break at all!xx

Thanks for that. Now for prices? Also does anyone know if you would have to be qualified to carry out a mini makeover ie sparkly eyeshadow, blusher and lipgloss? and also facepacks? We are completely new to this so just throwing ideas around at the moment. I also need to look into insurance.

Thanks again

i wouldnt offer nail art to children at a party they will only smudge it!! keep it simple so nail polish with glitter or nailpolish and glitter (much easier to touch up if they do smudge!!)

simple make up, glitter spray in hair, glitter tattoos, face painting, polish on fingers or toes...i wouldnt go any further than that for little ones

for older ones(teenagers) you could introduce a foot or hand massage, a face mask, hand and foot exfoliation...you could start with them all soaking feet in bowls and go along doing exfoliation and put feet back to soak and then go back along line and dry fee, massage then wrap in warm towels (you could of painted fingers first)

make sure you charge enough as doing this sort of event is hard work and non stop for hours, you wont get a break at all!xx

Hi Souz,
I saw you mentioned somewhere before about glitter tattoos but I can't find it to see who you recommended? Do the stencils only last a few applications also? What glue do you use? Is it ok for children? and also on faces?
Thanks

Thanks for that. Now for prices? Also does anyone know if you would have to be qualified to carry out a mini makeover ie sparkly eyeshadow, blusher and lipgloss? and also facepacks? We are completely new to this so just throwing ideas around at the moment. I also need to look into insurance.

Thanks again

While I was searching I came across this - massive help...
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/163294-princess-parties.html

Thanks for this everyone. Great help :biggrin:

Hi Souz,
I saw you mentioned somewhere before about glitter tattoos but I can't find it to see who you recommended? Do the stencils only last a few applications also? What glue do you use? Is it ok for children? and also on faces?
Thanks

i get my glitter tattoos from glitter body art, i bought a few kits as they are fab value. One stencil per tattoo because of cross contamination, they cant be cleaned and re used. the glue that comes in the kit is great, yes i do mainly children but i dont allow them to have on face. If you have a level 3 or spray tan cert you should be covered on insurance but best to check x

I do glitter tattoos at parties and fairs we got seperate liability insurance with blackfriars reasonably cheap no training needed :)

Latest posts

Back