Nail Art Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyemunique

Reaction score
Just wondering if you wonderful geeks can give me a little bit pf advice???

I have a real regular client, every two weeks she spends a minimum of £40 in my salon having manicures and pedicures. She came to me because another salon near me put her some gel toes on and when she had them soaked off, the girl was supposed to be giving her a full pedicure. This didn't happen, the girl just used an exfoliator on her feet. Anyway, she decided to come to me and has been really pleased, she loves the Spa Ritual products and always finishes the service by giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Yesterday however, she left me feeling a bit upset. First of all, she started telling me that she regrets getting married so young and that she thinks I am stupid for getting married so young (I got married this year at the age of 21!) I returned by saying that I was very happy in my marriage and that I wouldn't want to change my mind about marrying my husband, after all, we had been together three years befoe we got married.

Then, she looked through a little magazine called 'Community Times' that I have in my salon and said that the advert I had put in there was rubbish and that it didn't show people my services. The advert is basically my business card, it says "Select Nailcare" on there and has a picture of hands pouring from a jug in the rainforest. My adress and phone number are then underneath it. I thanked her for her constructive critisism and said I would bear it in my mind for my next advertising campaign.

Finally, she told me that her daughter had returned from her holiday and had gone up to the salon at the top of my road to have her nail art done because the one I had applied for her had chipped off. She knew that obviously this was because I had done it three weeks ago. She told me that the reason her daughter hadn't cpme to me was because I was too expensive. I charged her £17.50 because she had had had a mini manicure (basically the same manicure I do for adults but because her daughter was only 15 I did it cheaper.) and nail art on all of her fingers. I charge £1 per nail for nail art but apparently the salon up the road is only charging £3 for a full set of nail art. So basically, last night I went home feeling a bit rubbish and just wondered how much you guys charge for nail art?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Natalie

xx

Sorry to hear you are feeling down. I have no salon knowledge and am new to nails but in my opinion I think maybe she was having a bad day herself and took her chance to let you take some of the brunt.
I'm sure your advert being simple is just as effective as having something over fancy. Your nails are the best advert I am sure.
The price you charged her daughter sounds fair to me and I think you should stick to your prices. There will always be someone who can do things cheaper, but maybe the quality wont be great.

Like I said I'm not expereinced in all this but chin up, and stick to your guns.:hug:

Hi Natalie,
I think sometimes people like this get so comfortable with you and the salon environment that they feel they can over step the mark... she may have thought she was doing you a favour by telling you these things.. I would stick to your prices and the quality of your work... she obviously is either fishing for a discount ( don't do it!) or is just ranting becuase she has had a bad day... She would not come back if she was not happy with your service.. smile and carry on as if it does not bother you... she will soon stop it.

let us know when she comes back in how it went
X Mel

my nail art prices are quite high, and I have the clients for it so I highly doubt I could be of help.

and also any different tool/technique is priced differently, prices are based on my experience, pleasure of doing them, layers of products, "freedom" given to me,

and obviously, the time I need to do it. but there is a set of almonds in my album with peachy flowers, all l&p and it is priced like £200.

(yeah I know)

My cheapest set of painted nail art is £9 for the set and this is basic flicks nothing too over board
My most expensive set of nail art is £40 hth

I agree with MDSKORA...some clients get so comfortable with us that they can over step the mark with their tongue some days! yr client was damn rude about the advert, and if she's not happy with your prices then why the hell was she back in with you today?! mmmm.....I think she was just having a moanie ole day, (probly argued with her hubby before coming in to you) hey do not take her words onboard hun...oh & by the way 'Congratulations' on getting Married :) xxx

I also agree with Mel. :) Nail art can be quite time-consuming and you should deffo be paid for that time. I usually only do one nail on each hand/foot and charge 3 for that, if that helps...

p.s. High five on the marriage! I, too, got married at 21 and would not change it for anyyyyythingggg. I read somewhere that there has been an unquanifiable rise in "young" marriages after 9/11 and the Iraq war. Again, an unquantifiable coincidence, but interesting to think about. :p I wonder what Stephen Fry would say...

Hi Natalie I agree with Mel don't let her get you down stick to your , prices" say no discount" My clients can choose one design with acrylic tips[one nail] or they can choose $8 to $15 per nail. Add to set of tips.:green:

Thanks guys. Your comments really helped. She is due back next week so I will see how it goes.

The dog groomer next door also has her as a client and has said that she did the same thing to her but she just smiled and carried on.

xxxxxx

I agree just grin and ignore it some people just have to moan i had my daughter at 17 and got maried at 20 been with my hubby 10 years now and been married 5 of them so each to there own adell

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back