Nail Art pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Vie

Reaction score
I've had a good telling off from fellow geeks for not charging properly for nail art so I'm getting my act together and putting a proper pricing structure in place and stop giving my time and product away.:D

I offer a huge amount of nail art hand painted, glitter, foils, 3d, crystals you name it but I'm struggling to price different designs so that pricing is consistent and sensible.

Does anyone here have a clear pricing structure for their art that they might let me take a peek at as a guide? Or could you give me a general idea of some examples and what you charged for them on top of your standard service of l&p/gel/shellac/whatever else.

Many thanks x

Would be really grateful for some input in this x

yay gemma!!! and not before time, you are very talented and should be charging according....you do nail art that most of us only dream about being able to do so think about that when you are pricing.

I charge an extra £2-£3 for glitter fades, ombre effect, snakeskin effect and 20p per gem. When I am doing hand painted nail art i roughly charge £1 per nail. If someone wanted say rockstars with a design on top of that it would be the rockstar price which is usually £5 more than shellac or gel price and then nail art price on top. If i have to order something in specifically then clients will pay a little more x

For the majority of my nail art I charge £5 ontop of any treatment for quick and simple designs like dots or leopard print, or stripes but then for more detailed work it depends how much they want on each finger and then i take into account my hourly rate and charge accordingly. in regards to swarovski crystals I charge £5 per nail for encrusted designs (usually only an accent nail) then if they wanted single or a line I'd charge then £3 per hand. Hope this helps you

Thanks so much, could I have your opinion on these? Am I along the right track? bear in mind I've never charged for this stuff and my clients are not used to paying extra for anything.

Add 25p per crystal

Add 50p per nail for:
Simple hand painted designs e.g. polka dots, simple flowers, animal print - up to 2 colours
Transfers
Decals
Stamped Art

Add £1 per nail:

Detailed nail art e.g. cartoons, script, lace - 3 colours+

Add £2 to any service for:

Rockstar/Glitter nails
3D Metal Embellishments (each)
Foils

Add £3 to any service for:

Custom Colour Blending
Ombre/fade effects
Simple designs with CND Additives pigments
Matte effects

Add £4 to any service for:

Studded designs
Caviar
One stroke designs
Patterned french designs

Add £6 per nail for full coverage Swarovski crystal nails

that seems fair to me, because obviously some people may want 2 or 4 nails doing with different things, just make sure you get a picture of things mixed like animal print, and some crystals and then another art, and advertise it, however you do that, and put down the totaly price for that manicure.

I offer simple nail art like a bit of glitter on the tips, stamping, additives etc for free, but I charge for everything else.

For hand painted one stroke flowers I would charge £2.50 per nail. Clients usually want an accent nail done, but if they wanted all 10 nails done, I would do it for £10.00 on top of the nail service price.

For my more complex nail art - for example the peacock in the attached photo, I would charge £5.00 per nail (again usually only on one nail), and I would do perhaps a peacock feather stamp (not hand painted like the feather in this photo) for free on the rest of the nails. This is also on top of the nail service price.

I do have one male client (very eccentric guy) who goes to a lot of race meetings in America, France etc, and has a different designs on each nail. I usually charge him £40 for that and he is usually with me for about 2 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_7230.jpg
    IMG_7230.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 175
I offer simple nail art like a bit of glitter on the tips, stamping, additives etc for free, but I charge for everything else.

For hand painted one stroke flowers I would charge £2.50 per nail. Clients usually want an accent nail done, but if they wanted all 10 nails done, I would do it for £10.00 on top of the nail service price.

For my more complex nail art - for example the peacock in the attached photo, I would charge £5.00 per nail (again usually only on one nail), and I would do perhaps a peacock feather stamp (not hand painted like the feather in this photo) for free on the rest of the nails. This is also on top of the nail service price.

I do have one male client (very eccentric guy) who goes to a lot of race meetings in America, France etc, and has a different designs on each nail. I usually charge him £40 for that and he is usually with me for about 2 hours.

Just wondered what stamp u used for peacock feather I have been looking for one for ages, im not quite good enough as yet to hand paint like the fab one in your pic

Just wondered what stamp u used for peacock feather I have been looking for one for ages, im not quite good enough as yet to hand paint like the fab one in your pic
I have the bundle monster 212 plate - it looks really good stamped in gold over green x

Gemma, if you are only just starting to charge then you have to start somewhere and all looks ok to me especially as your clients arent used to paying extra the prices you have listed wont scare anyone away!! its only a few pounds here and there to them but will make all the difference to you!

I personally dont give anything away for free but if certain clients who come regularly and have lots of nail art etc on fingers and toes i will discount slightly but try not to get into that habit as they come to expect. Everyone knows my prices now and knows that every little extra is charged for

Latest posts

Back