Nail Art & UV gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanisha

Reaction score
Hey there all , I am new fairly new to gel nails and am looking for some guidance. I am a really big nail art junkie... not so much the 3d nails and things but detailed drawing and design.

My question was...
I have heard different frommany people about the restrictions of gel nails and regular polish. If i were to draw lets say.... snow flakes (christmas on the noggin) would i be able to use polish to draw them on and then continue along with my gel procedure ? :Grope:

ty !

Hi, If you was using polish and top them off with a layer of gel your polish will crack underneath. Instead you can use acrylic paints which you can buy in almost any craftstore. Hope this helps!

Acrylic paints with uv gels work ? eeeeep ! :)

Acrylic paints with uv gels work ? eeeeep ! :)

Yep it certainly does work wip the tacky layer off first then acrylic paint then gel topcoat over the top the top that's what I do x

And make sure that after you take the tacky layer off you file your nail in to shape/roughen it up, so that your paint will stick ;).

When doing flat art on a gel polish application; I just lay down my foundation and color as normal, then after curing the color I dry wipe the inhibition layer then proceed to lay down my art using gel polish or acrylic paint. If I use gel polish for the art, I then cure and seal as normal. If I use acrylic paint, I allow it to dry thoroughly and seal as normal.

is there an acrylic paint just for nails ? or is it just paint in general ? alot of people want the art that i can do but im just sooo confused about it sometimes ! my school is the worst school ever and do not help me at all:rolleyes:

Hi, I do arcrygel nails, and before my sealer I add nail art either acrylic paint, or nail polish art pens, then seal all ok never cracks!

I always used the nail art pens and never had them crack but at school they really frown upon it so i didnt want to do it anymore. Its just easy and cleaner with the nail art pens but i think acrylic would be great with alot of color selection. I just dont know if theres a certain type i should be shooting for ~ fill me in ladies <3

I use a set of acrylic paint I bought from hobby craft it gives you all the base colours so u can mix for more shades they also had a cheap mixing palette x the paints look great when finished under the topcoat they have lasted well HTH

Hy girls,

I'm new one on that site, but i've found out a lot of interesting topics here.

I'm working on with Uv gels, but my main interest is nail art... I've some questions, and i will really appreciate if someone can help me and reply me...

HMM.. so I love using acrylic colours-paints, and do different nail art creation, but I'm wondering if it's possible to use them as well for french etc.. just acrylic paints.
( instead of using colour UV gels, which usually takes some more time and sometimes the colours are not as expected... etc..), and then for finish seal them with UV sealing gel. I know that it' s possible, but i need to know if maybe this kind of aplication, maybe can cause cracking of the point of the nail, because also the application is that thinner...

I really thank you for all of the infos...

:green:

Latest posts

Back