Nail art, what's best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalou91x

Reaction score
Hi, I know there is loads of threads about nail art but none thats really helping. I am looking to do some basic nail art, few flicks and flowers etc...
But i dont really know what is best to use? I have some striper pens and some other nail art brushes. Bu is there anything easier?
I want to do bits of nail art on acrylics and gelish, just simple things that jazz them up abit really.

Thanks all xx

There is no right way to do nail art. "Art" is different in everyone's eyes. Start with what u feel comfortable doing. You don't need to paint a mural on the nail. I would purchase a brush set that consists of stripers, fine detailing brush and dotting tools. Those will start u out. You can make flowers with the dotting tool and stripes with the striper brushes. The more u practice, the more comfortable you'll feel. Relax and have fun!

Have you tried the konad stamper? My friend has leant me hers, you can do some lovely things with it very quickly. And it's really cheep too.

Looks lovely on top of gels.

I know it sounds really silly but go on YouTube and look for cutepolish. She uses dotting tools (I bought mine on eBay for quite cheap) and stripers. Most of my designs I use them and also have a good quality design pen. You could also look into the wah nails art book because they have examples of tools they use in their designs too.

Start simple with just an accent nail and then progress to all nails. Less stress for you at first. Try dots with dotting tools, hearts are easy. Glitter fades are quick. This is one if my first attempts and I used dotting tools and a ultra fine tipped sharpie for the stems ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375041469.999597.jpg

Latest posts

Back