Nail art - where to start???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'd love to give nail art a try, but don't really know where to start.

Do you think i should do a course or just give it a whirl on my own??

I'd ideally like to do freehand at 1st and then maybe progress to airbrushing (though i know i'd have to do a course for this)

Also, can anyone recomend a suppliers that could start me off?

Em.xx

Pm Chocolate On This Site She Will Answer All Your Questions.
She Is In Kent But May Know Someone In Your Area For Training.

hi why dont u do the spangles nail art course by star nails they normally do courses in your local wholesalers

Thanks Lorraine, i'll pm her now.

Em.xx

emmalouisa said:
hi why dont u do the spangles nail art course by star nails they normally do courses in your local wholesalers
Cheers Emma, i'll give the local wholesalers a ring too

Em.xx

Dear Em

Do you get Scratch?

Would you like a free copy as it has various nail art suppliers inside so you could browse and get a feeling for the suppliers.

Send me your address if you would like to see a copy.

best wishes

Alex Fox
editor
Scratch :D

Alex Fox said:
Dear Em

Do you get Scratch?

Would you like a free copy as it has various nail art suppliers inside so you could browse and get a feeling for the suppliers.

Send me your address if you would like to see a copy.

best wishes

Alex Fox
editor
Scratch :D
Alex, that would be great, i've just PM'd you my address.

Thanks again

Em.xx

Hi Emma
You can buy the acrylic paints for about £1 a bottle in artist shops .... make sure you get acrylic tho, cos other paints won't work!
Get yourself some nail tips, paint your base colour on each one with nail polish.When that's dry, you can paint tiny designs using very fine brushes, or a dotting tool ...... you can paint little flowers using a cocktail stick...just paint 5 or 6 dots in a circle shape, and a yellow dot in the middle. Or you can buy rhinestones or striping tape from suppliers like www.netnails.net or www.allthingsnails.co.uk
Have a look at some of the nail art on the site for ideas, and let your imagination run wild!!
But most of all have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back