Nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie1978

Reaction score
Hello I am recently qualified, I have been practicing nail art. Can you use ordinary nail art pens on top of the base of gel polish or would it have to be gel polish?

I do not know for sure what you mean in nail art pen? If you mean nail polish yes you can put nail polish on gel but not full cover the gel nail color because can shrink or look funny under when you put gel top coat.
If is small design yes will work but large full nail design is better to use gel colors. If use gel colors to make big design with many color care to cure between to make sure you not have thick and uncure gel in the design.

Hello I am recently qualified, I have been practicing nail art. Can you use ordinary nail art pens on top of the base of gel polish or would it have to be gel polish?

Its best to put a gel polish (clear or colour) so that if you do make a mistake with your art, then you can wipe off without removing the base coat

I use Posca pens, sharpies and acrylic paint for nail art. On top of gel colour and regular nail colour.

They’re great for finer details of nail art. Just make sure to let it dry before you top coat otherwise it smudges!

Thank you very much for the advice everybody x

Latest posts

Back