Nail bed extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raya

Reaction score
I Have a client who comes to me for waxing she has very bitten down nails, i suggested she have nail bed extensions as she does not want enhancements and def not long.
help! as she wants them quite short do i do them in cover pink, clear, pink. she would like french polish look? do i then paint them that way?

also how much are you all charging for a simple nail bed extensions?

please can you help as i need to get back to her today and let her know.

thanks as alwaysxxxx

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by nail bed extensions and your client not wanting nail enhancements? :hug:

Do you mean extending the nail bed? With L&P/Gel/Tips/Sculpts? But I would class this as a nail enhancement....

Or do you mean a natural nail overlay and creating a slight free edge? But again, I would class this as an extension or enhancement

:confused: x

Last edited:
by placing L&P on nail bed and pulling forward a small free edge is what ive been taught to do until i done an ezflow conversion course the other day she showed us a long pink and white but she only wants a very small extended nail? im not very good at explaining things on here? is that more clear now.x

Tbh, what you have just described I would describe as an enhancement as you are still putting acrylic onto the nail and creating a small free edge.
There are several ways you could do it, if she wants French then using an opaque pink, then a white polish will be the cheapest option for her, but using pink and white acrylic will last longer.

hi ya, yes she does know shes having acrylic but she doesnt want a tip or a long nail. so if i extend with cover pink are you saying paint a free edge smile line then a top coat? how much should i charge for this service any ideas, its just got to get back to her tonight. will have a practise i can extend a nail bed ok already just not so sure about doing a pink and white extended? sorry am i making sense.

Yes you could use a cover pink then paint the smile then top coat, however I wouldn't charge as much for this as a pink and white 'Permanent French' because it's not!
I'd charge for the price of overlays then extra for the polishing.
On the other hand if you use gel you could do the same but with Paint on White instead of polish, then finishing gloss, as this would last longer, and I'd charge full set price for this.
hth.

thanks hun, im getting so confused on here with this topic just spent bout 2 hours reading up on all the threads seems lots of options.?x

Latest posts

Back