Nail biters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyy123

Reaction score
Help! I have a friend who bites her nails and i really want to be able to help her for a wedding in feb! I dont do extensions only gelpolish so im sure a they are so bad that the gelpolish wouldnt stay on. What can i do/suggest? Xx

Pic x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353688740.192084.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353688740.192084.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,309
The easiest way I advice my clients is to become obsessed on a daily basis with cuticle oil, help your friend with regular mini mani's tidy cuticles hand massage, and lightly buff her nails, hopefully when your friend notices they look nice it may prevent the urge to bite x

You could maybe get a good tech in your/her area to do some sculpts/enhancements 6/8 weeks before the wedding so she could grow her nails, make sure they are very short enhancements and by the wedding they could be her natural nails and you could maybe gel polish them for her big day??

Also agree with above on the solar oil

And re her nails be seen a lot worse bitten nails, my little sis in law being one, hers are terrible but when she has enhancements she does totally stop picking the skin too.

Maz your a star i did find her somewhere that do bioscupture in her area but she keeps putting it off because theyre £40 in the shop in romford i found. I said to get them done now and i can do her gelpolish for australia wedding!

Gosh, wel she said she used to have acrillics and loved them then when she bought the house just didnt want the extra expense and then of course started biting again!! I am so sure she will give it up if i can ger her nails to a decent level to do them nicely for her she always comments how much she loves mine. Im just going to have to MAKE her pay for the sculpting. Or tell her to come to my area one saturday cause its cheaper lol.

I'm sure for her wedding she can pop it in her budget, or maybe bridesmaids etc can all chip in as a pressy, plus you shouldshow her all the lovely wedding nail designs she could have if she just has a little length, I'm sure she will go for it. So many people will ask to see her ring after the ceremony she will appreciate it :)

I'm renewing my wedding vows in June '13 in Domincan republic and I'm already hunting for a fancy nail design for it, so many pretty ones about.

How fantastic! Lovely!

So would bio sculpture be ok for her then? I will search for cheaper in romford but might just tell her to come to my area!! X

Bio is very good, I've never had it or used it but its reputation proceeds it, I'm a NSI girl and soon to be CND girl lol as had to move my conversion course date, any good quality tech will have good products, maybe even ask on here for someone in her area who could have a chat with her about what is the best way to go about getting the look she wants.

I would suggest a good manicure and just put gel polish on her. And lots of cuticle oil several times a day. Her nails are not too bad for a nail bitter. It should help her from biting. They'll grow out for the wedding. Pick a color that you know polishes well and use a dotting tool to do any clean up. :)

Hey Beautyy123, Did you get my pm? I sent you a picture of an ex nail biter client of mine before and after 2 bio sculpture overlay treatments, there's about 6-7 weeks between these pictures. I would say this would be a better option for your friend because she has plenty of time to grow her own nails and this will be much easier for her to cope with length wise as well as being a much cheaper option for her. Don't hesitate to call or pm me if you need any further info. x

Yes sorry hun i was getting my lashes done by a fellow geek :) i have pmd you back x

Help! I have a friend who bites her nails and i really want to be able to help her for a wedding in feb! I dont do extensions only gelpolish so im sure a they are so bad that the gelpolish wouldnt stay on. What can i do/suggest? Xx

They are not so bad that, with some effort, her natural nails couldn't be quite lovely by February. Might you try weekly gel polish manis with Gelish Vitagel and massive daily use of solar oil? I say weekly, because that will minimize the little snags and bits that tempt biters and you would be able to monitor her progress. If, after a few weeks, you see she is not making progress, you could switch to bio or some other enhancement.

Late to the parade here. I would give her weekly soak off gel manicures as others have suggested. By the beginning of February you should know if you can give her a nice french gel manicure for her wedding. In fact, I've found that with nail biters .. having a french gel manicure really helps psychologically for them to stop biting. Even tho her nails are bit to the quick, you can still do a gel french on them.
Weddings can be so stressful, I would do the gel manis now for her, then have a qualified tech do a gel mani with extensions.. research and book ahead. The longer her free edge is by the time of the wedding the easier it will be, whether you do it, or someone who does 'shorter' extensions.
I really like the french manicure for brides - maybe with a little bit of sparkle nail art if desired!
I'm an ex nail biter myself and for my wedding (back before I did gel nails) i had acrylics put on. I wasn't crazy about getting used to the length, but my pictures came out lovely, and that's all that mattered.
Also, once the biting has stopped, her cuticles should heal and not be so red and puffy. That's another thing to consider, even if she had extensions put on for her wedding, if she's still biting, her fingers will still be red and swollen... Best of luck and let us know how things worked out!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back