Nail books

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooh8bear

Reaction score
I already have these books:
"Nailclass: Award Winning Advice for the Serious Technician by Gigi Rouse"
"The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman"

Just about to buy "Doug Schoon Nail Structure and Product Chemistry"

Can anyone tell me if it is worth getting this one at the same time :
"Encyclopedia of Nails (Habia City & Guilds) by Jacqui Jefford "

Or is this one very similar to "The complete Nail Technician by Marion Newman"

Only if it is very similar I would rather spend the money on products:)

Last edited:
personally i would say Doug's book is a must have to any serios nail technician and no one knows science like he does.

I think if you know whats going on chemically and in theory it prepares you for doing a great job....and also you know how and why things go wrong.

During my career so far i have referred to this book many a time if im not sure on whats going on....so yeah..its a defo..there is NO other book like it out there

hth
x

personally i would say Doug's book is a must have to any serios nail technician and no one knows science like he does.

I think if you know whats going on chemically and in theory it prepares you for doing a great job....and also you know how and why things go wrong.

During my career so far i have referred to this book many a time if im not sure on whats going on....so yeah..its a defo..there is NO other book like it out there

hth
x
I agree with Louise, a brilliant book. A must have book for any nail technician.

"Doug Schoon Nail Structure and Product Chemistry".......This is already on my list to get.

Can anyone tell me if it is worth getting THIS ONE at the same time :

or is it too much like:
The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman" which I already have?

"Doug Schoon Nail Structure and Product Chemistry".......This is already on my list to get.

Can anyone tell me if it is worth getting THIS ONE at the same time :

or is it too much like:
The Complete Nail Technician by Marian Newman" which I already have?
I had both while at college but than I bought loads of books for studying lol. I would say they are similar, I passed it on and kept Marian's book which I prefer for reference.

Latest posts

Back