Nail business in Germany...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandaxmx

Reaction score
hi all...
just a general question really, was wondering if any of you work or have worked in germany??
how was business over there??

i am moving over end of this month and was wondering how any who has been there or are there have found working out there??? ....
be nice to hear back xxxx:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I currently live in Germany and just starting to work from home.
Are you forces by any chance?

Business is good although prices for stock is expensive compared to prices in UK.
I am already getting bookings for xmas - so i think that's a good sign.

If you are planning to work out here self employed - be careful that you do your paperwork and let the relevant authorities know what you are doing.
You must inform your local town hall and pay a small fee for this (mine was 20) and also the Handverskammer will get in touch. They are a sort of union and you hae no choice in joining them and paying the fee for this!!
Other than that it is pretty much the same as UK - you must inform them if you are earning over a certain amount.

HTH
Good Luck with the move

Never worked there but having visited the Düsseldorf show last year, my impression was that they have a strong industry and have a number of large German suppliers. Hollywood nails in particular had a very large stand at the show.

They have two local magazines.
ProfiNail
NailPro - a franchise from NailPro USA

Also if or when you speak German, there's a relatively new forum where you could ask questions:
Naildesigner-Fachforum | Gäste Portal and a new associated for nail technicians:
BDND - Bundesverband Deutscher Nail Designer

Traditionally, Germany is pretty heavily regulated so you will need to find out what qualifications and licenses are needed to work as a nail tech. Hopefully someone who works in Germany can help you here.

Hope some this turns out to be useful. ;-)

hi yes it is with the forces ... other half is based there .. i also do hair and hair extensions aswell ... would i need also to renew my insurance with a german insurance place ...?? .... im new to all this and havnt got a clue where to start haha .... thanx for both replys :) ...
really appreciated xx

No dont worry finding german insurance.
Professional Beauty in the UK will cover you out here on the BFPO address!! So useful if already with them like i was!!
The Premium is bit more but worth it i think!
HTH

Latest posts

Back