Nail Condition/Disorder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla-Louise

Reaction score
Hi everyone a client came to me for waxing last week and wanted to show me her Big Toe on her right foot, she said she is going Doctors regarding it but wanted to ask being in this field of work. Now when she showed me it you can see that the nail has come half way off the nail plate the top side of it just lifts off when she showed me. It was yellowy/brown in colour like the nail was dead and she she didnt kno why it was happening and the same was happening to the other side. She said as far as shes aware it isnt an infection and what was my opinion. I asked her if it was painful or sore at all and it said not really but sometimes the cuticle area can hurt when wearing shoes. I said that maybe the problem and she said she we're comfort shoes for work though and she did mention that years and years ago she had arcylics on her toes.
I just wasnt too sure as to what it could be as i know theres various skin conditions where the nail seperates any suggestions as to what it may be called? would be interesting 2 kno
thankyou

Does she wear her toe nails too long they should always be kept short to minimize damage from day to day shoe/heel wear. Left too long they will discolour and even lift if they are rubbed or bashed against the inside of a shoe.

no they seemed quite short as you could see it was lifting off the nail bed

Latest posts

Back