Nail course any good

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angeldust39

Reaction score
Hi peeps just need some advice and i know i will get good advice on here wi you's prfess peeps:), i am currently a spray tan technician, and i am wanting to bring in nails as an extra within my business. the only problem is i have not the extra time to go to college to do my training as most of my spare time is at night, and i was going to do a home study diploma course in each kind of nails, ie gel, acrylic and acrylic sculpted and air brush, i know essential nails does these courses and i know i will get my certificates needed. i just want to know if anyone has done these and if good or if anyone knows of courses i can do so i can get the proper training needed, i do my own acrylics and gels on myself already but i want to be a prfessional and do best i can anyone help

thanks debbie
:)

Hi peeps just need some advice and i know i will get good advice on here wi you's prfess peeps:), i am currently a spray tan technician, and i am wanting to bring in nails as an extra within my business. the only problem is i have not the extra time to go to college to do my training as most of my spare time is at night, and i was going to do a home study diploma course in each kind of nails, ie gel, acrylic and acrylic sculpted and air brush, i know essential nails does these courses and i know i will get my certificates needed. i just want to know if anyone has done these and if good or if anyone knows of courses i can do so i can get the proper training needed, i do my own acrylics and gels on myself already but i want to be a prfessional and do best i can anyone help

thanks debbie
:)

Get in touch with Fiona Wallace on [email protected] 0131 3333180

She and her daughter (who we call wee Fi) are the Creative distributors right near to you. You can not do better than Creative nail courses and they have the reputation to prove it. I think you will find that Tanning will be the 'extra' and nails is a profession in its own right.

Home learn you will find is an expensive stepping stone to taking other more 'meaty' courses and does not actually really prepare you to enter the industry where as with Creative you will be fully prepared to go to work. Nothing beats a live tutor and the interaction of others. It's tough doing it all on your own ... finding the drive and motivation.

thanks geeg and judy:hug:
i only have two days free thru day and most of my tanning is done after 5 and at weekends, i know if i could i would give all that i do up but its not possible for now, but i love doing nails and i am sure the nails would take over like you say as most have asked me if i do them, its the only way i can do them is home study. i know it is hard doing study at home but i am very focused and keep my head down when learning, and i have seen that its the more expensive way to do my training it cant be helped, i will approach creative nails thank you so much for your help much appreciated

thanks debbie :) xx

thanks geeg and judy:hug:
i only have two days free thru day and most of my tanning is done after 5 and at weekends, i know if i could i would give all that i do up but its not possible for now, but i love doing nails and i am sure the nails would take over like you say as most have asked me if i do them, its the only way i can do them is home study. i know it is hard doing study at home but i am very focused and keep my head down when learning, and i have seen that its the more expensive way to do my training it cant be helped, i will approach creative nails thank you so much for your help much appreciated

thanks debbie :) xx

You don't know until you ask ... The Fionas are very accommodating and may be able to offer you something that fits your time. Don't assume ... you may be pleasantly surprised. :green:x Good Luck in whatever you do.

You don't know until you ask ... The Fionas are very accommodating and may be able to offer you something that fits your time. Don't assume ... you may be pleasantly surprised. :green:x Good Luck in whatever you do.

:) thanks geeg for advice x:hug:

Hiya

Just thought I would mention as have been reading through some of the threads tonight, it appears that some who have completed home training have found they are not able to find professional insurance as the qualification is not sufficient. I have no knowledge of this myself, just what I have read on other threads, but you would be wise to check before you embark on an expensive home study course - maybe try placing a call to BABTAC, they are very helpful. Would be awful to complete only to find you can't provide a service to the general public.

HTH.

Jenni
x

Latest posts

Back