Nail courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering about beginners nail courses id love to start doing this as maybe a job - Which do you recommend that is best to start I have done acrylics at home by just watching youtube etc. thanks x

Hi I was just wondering about beginners nail courses id love to start doing this as maybe a job - Which do you recommend that is best to start I have done acrylics at home by just watching youtube etc. thanks x

Have you looked at your local colleges to see if they do a nail services course ? If not maybe contact a few brands and look at their education such as cnd, nsi or young nails x

Have you looked at your local colleges to see if they do a nail services course ? If not maybe contact a few brands and look at their education such as cnd, nsi or young nails x
I have two children which are very young so attending a college wouldn't be suitable for me that's why I'm looking at home courses x

Oh ok I'm not sure then probably look at essential nails they do home courses and allow you to pay monthly.

I'm looking at them now and they seem good just looking into reviews etc of them thank you x

I did the young nails course - they did an intense one so I was only there two days plus my assessment day which was handy as I have two small children

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Was that online with young nails x

I have two children which are very young so attending a college wouldn't be suitable for me that's why I'm looking at home courses x

Hi Charlotte,

Sweet Squared have some beginner nail courses available that last a few days.

Hope this helps :)

Ive just ordered a few courses from essential nails, being delivered tomorrow, i cant wait. I prefer home based learning at my own pace and with a hubby, 4 children and 2 dogs it suits me, what course was u looking at with them?

i did various courses with NSI & CND - started when my twins were 8 weeks old. NSI in scotland had some evening classes that i could attend when my husband was home from work and then for the other day classes i booked in advance and scheduled people to watch my twins, I did acrylics, gel, manicure, pedicure, nail art and Shellac over a period of 8 months (i.e. maternity leave). Its totally do-able with wee babies, just takes planning and you need to schedule in lots of practice time xx

Hey! www.neiru.me is very nice website, I'm planning to take extra lessons from there too :)

I did an evening course at a local college and would recommend it as you have someone to point out exactly what you're doing both right and wrong and also other students to help give you encouragement. Studying at home doesn't really give you the full help and guidance that you need. If you didn't want to do it over the space of a few months at college, as others have said there are branded courses that only last a couple of days with intense training. That way you only have to arrange a couple of days of child care.
You may also need to consider what will you do for child care if you're planning on doing this as a job? I imagine you're already thinking about this but it can be expensive for training so good to think everything through thoroughly before splashing the cash.

I'm a complete newbie to nails (worked in an office all my working life) but I am training with Nail Harmony/gelish. They have been lovely and with two small kids I've been able to arrange my training on evenings or weekends and the trainers are all so lovely ...there's a big support network too so I don't feel swamped or overwhelmed and you can get insured to start working straight after each certificate .really enjoying it ! Gelish website will show training in your area x

There are lots of courses available and to be honest, Any course you take at first should be seen as a starting point. You're not going to find any course that teaches you everything and if you want to be an excellent nail tech, in my opinion, you need to train continually.

This isn't meant to criticise but if you don't have the time to do a college course because of your children, how are you going to go about building a client base? Or further training down the line? Please don't take this the wrong way.

I ike the essential nails courses TBH but you still need to think about the above even with a home course. And what if home learning isn't for you? Can you afford to lose the money and start again?

not to be funny but children hasn't stopped me getting a client base ...many fellow mums need nails doing around school/daytime/evenings so it's easy to build a client base and train ...like everything with or without kids, if you want that future career enough then you will find a way to work around it ...if anything,being a nail tech has enabled me to have more precious time with my kids x

not to be funny but children hasn't stopped me getting a client base ...many fellow mums need nails doing around school/daytime/evenings so it's easy to build a client base and train ...like everything with or without kids, if you want that future career enough then you will find a way to work around it ...if anything,being a nail tech has enabled me to have more precious time with my kids x

I'm not saying that - I have 3 kids! - But i don't understand the 'i dont have time to go to a course' thing.

Latest posts

Back