Nail damage on toenails after consistent pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gea9nine

Reaction score
Hello, all my ladies with thin toenails are having damage on their toenails after VARNISH has been on from 1 appt to another (4 weeks). I use Seche Vite base and topcoat, OPI, China Glaze and Essie colour polishes. What am I doing wrong?

What kind of damage?

What is your procedure? We need more info please.

Thin toe nails......???
Didn't know such things existed! o_O

Ok so after ped procedure I wipe over nails with non acetone remover then apply seche vite ridge filler base coat, two colour coats and seche vite top coat, cuticle oil and done?

Whiteness is dryness often. Do your ladies use cuticle oil between appts? I know most don't on the toes!

Are you buffing out ridges every time? x

What is your prep procedure?

Sounds like the nail is dehydrated the polish and remover can be very drying to the nail plate, I have clients with that issue I use nail tek hydration therapy.

Maybe over buffing , if you are buffing every time then the nail will be getting thinner and thinner. Don't buff and make sure they apply cuticle oil religiously and I'm sure you will see a difference

I'm sorry I must have read the thread wrong EMJ hit the nail on the head buffing everytime will thin the nail and cause damage....stop the buffing apply a good nail strengthening treatment, use the cuticle oil and express how important it is to your client for them to use it in between service and nail repair should become evident.

Latest posts

Back