Nail Decals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pastey

Reaction score
so does anyone love nail decals as much as me? especially holiday or seasonal decals! there's nothing like a decal to make a pedicure or set of enhancements more special :)

I love Decals as well, but I would love them more if I could get them to stay on....
Thay lift every time I put topcoat on them, I have tried to put them under the acryic as well and i find that my acrylic lifts while its drying, do you have any tips on how to stop them from lifting? How do you apply them?

ooooooo'er I am a decal freak!! I think its because im not too good at nail art as yet so its a touch of glamour without the hassle.. now i have learnt to encase them im loving them even more!!! :green::green:

Its spring in australia and everyone wants an extra bling to their toes and hands at the minute!!

I have stars on one hand, hearts on the other, flat stones on one foot and rhinestones on the other.. I have to be able to let them choose and what better way then to show how each can look..

Dangles im still toying with.. but i like that you can have the choice!

I love Decals as well, but I would love them more if I could get them to stay on....
Thay lift every time I put topcoat on them, I have tried to put them under the acryic as well and i find that my acrylic lifts while its drying, do you have any tips on how to stop them from lifting? How do you apply them?

well i only just learnt to encase them.. i buff the tip to take the shine off.. pick up a decal with an orangestick (or like) and then dip the decal in a tiny bit of resin.. then place it where i want it.. allow it to dry off the build up the acrylic around it.. dont overdo the glue.. and make sure the ball you use to build up with is small.. you dont want the tip too thick..
havnt had a problem with my acrylic lifting, and my way works for me.. others may have a better idea!:green:

after you buff the acrylic or gel put the decal or stone on (stones need glue to stick) and then use your sealant and cure...i use sealant for acrylics like OPI UV Seal...you don't need to buff and it gives a high gloss shine hth

after you buff the acrylic or gel put the decal or stone on (stones need glue to stick) and then use your sealant and cure...i use sealant for acrylics like OPI UV Seal...you don't need to buff and it gives a high gloss shine hth

I have never found a sealant or uv top coat that doesnt make the stone look like a round stone, if you get what i mean.. no matter how thin i apply it my rhinestones always look like little round blobs.. frustrating as hell!

i see what you mean...i use it anyways ....it's fully encased with the sealant but the side with the rinestone is a bit thicker

Please, please, for a niaive newbie - what are decals? Are they transfers and such like? :eek:

Thanx xx :hug:

yep...stickers and rhinestones

I've had a lot of trouble with the topcoat yellowing over the top of raised stickers. Any ideas?

yep...stickers and rhinestones

and the duflangy things that dont stick like the stars, hearts and flowers.. they are classed as decals eh?

I find the only time i have normal topcoat yellowing is when its not a real good one.. or its old.. or has no UV filter in it!! :green:

i've never had that problem...could be the brand

for a total newbie how do i apply them polis stick on top coat ?

They always stay on well if you let them dry fully and then finish with a couple of coats of good nail art sealer or top coat

Please, please, for a niaive newbie - what are decals? Are they transfers and such like? :eek:

Thanx xx :hug:

depends what you are after you can get stickers or water decals try naildelights for water decals they have a great range

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back