Nail disaster, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Carly*

Reaction score
My left index had some signs of damage anyway, a couple of fine lines where I'd most likely caught and bent it, but it seemed fine, until today!

Opened the microwave just now and caught the nail. I looked down to see my nail has ripped from below the smile line, slightly into the bed. It's hanging on at one side by a few millimetres, but the split is so so low. I couldn't possibly remove the damaged portion and leave it as is, it'd be about 8mm shorter than the rest, zero free edge to shape, visible skin and truly unsightly! I did notice it seemed there was a small amount of blood, but it is no longer hurting.

I've patched it temporarily with a bit of tea bag and a few layers of nail adhesive. I've been saving for CND Complete, so I don't have a kit or anything to repair it properly with. I just did a quick job so the skin wasn't exposed and everything was still attached, but it's pretty wonky, wasn't easy working with only the one hand.

Really I'd guess it either needs a wrap and hard gel (I need something solvent resistant) or to come off completely and use a tip or sculpt. I have a very high c curve.

The salons in my area are all natural nail only or NSS. Could anyone do the job? It's barely holding on, I'm frightened to move and typing is a nightmare. I'm going away for a wedding this weekend. I know it's such a low cost job that I doubt anyone would come out for it. I'm in Camden Town and can travel on public transport. If anyone could help or offer advise, please get in touch, I'm rather desperate! xx

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys! I've booked in with Ruth on Thursday :) I'm sure she can sort this mess out. I don't really find press on nails are a good fit for me, I have too high a c curve and long nails beds. Can't wait to meet Ruth! And I booked in for a spray tan whilst I'm there :)

Latest posts

Back