Nail enamel under acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo-marie-uk

Reaction score
Hi. I was asked today by a friend if tou can put nail polish under an acrylic overlay??? Im newly qualified so still learning lots but I would have personally said no ??? Any advice ??? Id like to be able to tell her why she can't do it rather than her just taking my word for it. Thanks in advance :) I did try and do a search for rhis topic before I posted but couldn't find anything. Jo xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ps... only posted on here once before. Do you get notifications if anyone replies? ?? Thanks x

hi :) you can encase almost anything in acrylic not sure about a full polish though ! if she wants colour why not invest in a colour acrylic, glitters or colour tips rather than polish, you'll get a nice finish and be pleased with the result there are lots of tutorials on here and facebook also lol online courses !

Experiment have fun don't be afraid to try new things you can only get better !! :)

Thanks for the advice. Im not sure on how to find things on this site, is there a tutorial or something ??!!! Will have to have a nosey around !!! My friend isn't qualified, I think she bought like a diy kit from a supermarket or something !!! It didn't sound like a good idea but I couldn't give a valid reason as to why not xx

How do I find the tutorials? Xx

Hi. I was asked today by a friend if tou can put nail polish under an acrylic overlay??? Im newly qualified so still learning lots but I would have personally said no ??? Any advice ??? Id like to be able to tell her why she can't do it rather than her just taking my word for it. Thanks in advance :) I did try and do a search for rhis topic before I posted but couldn't find anything. Jo xx

When you apply a gel polish/set of gel or L&P ( acrylic) enhancements you need to have the nail plate properly prepared and clean in order for the product to bond well.

Dirt/ debris or remnants of old or newly applied nail polish on the nail plate will act as a barrier between the nail plate and the product so you will end up with problems like the enhancements popping off. That's why you cannot put nail polish under an L&P ( acrylic) overlay.

You could apply nail polish as a colour coat onto the finished enhancement which will last well.

the tutorials are under the articles section at the top of the page.

Ah... of course. No brainer really now I think about it. Thanks for that :) will pass on the advice. X

the tutorials are under the articles section at the top of the page.

Thanks x

Latest posts

Back