Nail extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcey-ph77

Reaction score
Hi All,

Need some advice, I own a hair & beauty salon, and over the past few weeks there has been some slights problems with our acrylic nails..

1) Basically within one or two the tips are coming off the nail completly, what could be the cause for this?

2) Acrylic going forsty within minutes of application? could this be cause by room temp or not?

However this is not happening to all clients, just a minor few...

In the salon we use crystal clear acrylic powder and liquid (millenium)...

Regards,

Marcilla

Tips coming straight off could be down to prep not being correct.

Frosty acrylic could be down to mix ratio perhaps or incorrect storage of powders causing crsytalisation xx

Hi, thanks for the help i will definitely be looking into the prep.. Its normally 1-4 days after the tip & acrylic coming off..

As for the the frostiness, there stored correctly so on.. However the salon is very cold on a morning could this be why?

The frostiness definately sounds like you've got crystallization going on and the salon temp is definately a contribute to this

Thanks for the help ;) much appreciated,

Any ideas how to prevent this?.

My salon is really big and its normally always freezing cold and takes about 2 hours to heat then place....

It be worth checking the mix ratio, if your bead looks great when you put it down then it will look and work great on the nail.
If your ratio is to dry, then lifting and product break down can occure.
Correct PREP is important, removing all non living tissue with a cuticle remover, making sure that the nail is absolutley clean and nothing can prevent great product adhesion.

It might be a good idea, to book your Technicians in for some troubleshooting classes, or check back with their training provider for some one to one time xxxx
There is nothing like refreshing techniques and seeing whats happening in real time xxxx

Latest posts

Back