Nail files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swordie

Reaction score
hi all, could anyone recommend what nail files they use for natural nail shaping, also which buffers you may recommend? Thanks

hi all, could anyone recommend what nail files they use for natural nail shaping, also which buffers you may recommend? Thanks

NSI black cushion files (180/240 grit), and their Sand Turtle buffers which have always been my favourite.

NSI black cushion files (180/240 grit), and their Sand Turtle buffers which have always been my favourite.
Thank you x

I used to use the NSI durafiles (I think that’s what they’re called?) but have now switched to INK London files, they’re pretty much identical to NSI in terms of durability, shape, performance etc but cheaper [emoji4]

You should buy small disposable nail files. You are not allowed to reuse nail files on clients. If an inspector were to come in and see the used nail file, they would give you a hefty fine. A client(smart ones) could also report you. People pick their nose, scratch their butts, etc and their nails become dirty.

You should buy small disposable nail files. You are not allowed to reuse nail files on clients. If an inspector were to come in and see the used nail file, they would give you a hefty fine. A client(smart ones) could also report you. People pick their nose, scratch their butts, etc and their nails become dirty.

Not here in the UK

Not here in the UK
Interesting. I should move to the UK since people don't pick their nose or scratch their butts over there. Lol

Interesting. I should move to the UK since people don't pick their nose or scratch their butts over there. Lol

Handles? Chairs? Shopping trolley? The bus, train, plane? Money?

People come into contact with others constantly and a sanitised world doesn’t exist.

In the UK, salon guidelines require disinfection of files after every client. You don’t get fined for not doing so; you just tend to not have any clients. Or at least not the right clients who pay the right price.

There is a valid argument for implementing disposables legislation as unfortunately many people will do the least required and a law with penalties alleviates that issue.

However, in the UK we don’t regulate the beauty industry much at all. It is recognised that the public health risk involved when providing standard beauty treatments is almost negligible so resources are focused elsewhere. You will note there have been no pandemics originating from UK salons thus far :)

Sure they do. We sanitize and clean to prevent contamination as much as possible. That same client who picked their nose has not only come into contact with the file, they have touched the door handle on their way in, picked up nail art wheels etc etc. Impossible to clean everything after every client but files are washable and should be sprayed with sanitiser as well as clients hands being cleaned and sanitised prior to any treatment.

Latest posts

Back