Nail foils?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle0904

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

slow I know but I am thinking of purchasing some foils to have a go with but just have a couple of questions first

do they work well with gelish as I have heard it doesn't adhere to the surface very well

and secondly which colours/effects would you recommend to start off with, there are just too many for me to chose so I end up just not bothering lol

Yes you can use foils with gelish just wait a minute after curing the colour & then apply before applying top it off. I did these using gelish & different coloured foils. I would just buy a mixture of a few different colours to begin with like silver, gold, red, blue, pink & purple or something.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1384523360658.jpg
    1384523360658.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 240
Yes as said above you can, I do find its a better sticky surface if I use my uv lamp rather than my 18g, why I don't know but hey lol

I had a go earlier with Gelish and irresistible silver foil. I could not get it to stick for love nor money, which was irritating as I had done a perfect little christmas robin to foil over good gossip :( ended up trying to brush adhesive onto the robin, but it just became obliterated. I'm UV curing, gave it a good minute before applying and really pressed down into the pop. I don't know...was disappointing I must say :( xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I'm newly qualified I've recently started using foils. I use EZ Flow TruGel I found that the foil stuck to matte colours but had trouble sticking it to pearl/sparkly colours. I purchased some foil glue and found that over a normal polish that was close to the foil colour ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384549537.720513.jpg
gave the most dramatic effect I then topped it with a uv top coat and cured

Hi I'm newly qualified I've recently started using foils. I use EZ Flow TruGel I found that the foil stuck to matte colours but had trouble sticking it to pearl/sparkly colours. I purchased some foil glue and found that over a normal polish that was close to the foil colour View attachment 48035
gave the most dramatic effect I then topped it with a uv top coat and cured

Beautiful! I wonder if using a glitter shade is where I went wrong...I'll have to experiment...

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back