Nail geeks, have you seen this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jurate

Reaction score
This is what I came across on fb today... Thought I'd share if you don't mind ...
uhabute5.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

What rubbish, ......nals are not alive so why would they need to breathe? and honestly if the fake nails were that dangerous don't you think they may have banned them.

If it were me I would post a correct answer on fb....it's a shame uneducated people comment as if they know what they are talking about

This is absolutely ridiculous!

What rubbish, ......nals are not alive so why would they need to breathe? and honestly if the fake nails were that dangerous don't you think they may have banned them.

If it were me I would post a correct answer on fb....it's a shame uneducated people comment as if they know what they are talking about

I know, its crazy statement and its one of the cancer awarness sites :(

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Unreal! Obviously we therefore shouldn't be wearing makeup, washing with shower gel, wearing deodorant, dying our hair... Not to mention the food we eat being sprayed with pesticides, the list of chemicals we come into contact within a daily basis is endless. We might as well curl up naked in a ball and hope we never touch anything.

I'm sure drinking soda is more detrimental to health than acrylic nails, lol.

I think it was the daily mail or daily mirror once published a list of things that gave you cancer and pretty much everything in the world was on it. Like every food, too much sunlight, not enough sunlight etc. seems there are endless studies that conclude these things. If nails were really that dangerous there would be research and evidence to say so. Whoever heard of anyone in hospital seriously ill because of acrylics?

It's all a scare tactic. Cancer (based on my bio 101 class once upon a time) is what happens when the wrong combination of switches go off in cells. They mutate into destructive cells that form tumors, destroy the body, ect. The list of things that people think cause that switch to go off is endless- UV rays, smoking, farting, you name it, someone's probably says it causes cancer.

That little clip is just silly. Anyone who has some knowledge in anatomy would know nails (and hair) are dead keratinized cells.This whole "nails need to breathe" thing is just ridonkulous. Nails for humans is hooves for animals. They nail metal things on horse hooves... does that cause horse hoof cancer?

Latest posts

Back