Nail hardener?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amour Beauty

Reaction score
Hi all,

I Currently use a base and top coat which is perfect for my customers, however I was wondering what nail hardener/strengthener you would advise on using as I have one client who has really weak nails.

I have looked at the Gelish Pre bond then structure then foundation - but this seems like quiet a few layers just for a hardener....Could I just use either the foundation as one base without the pre bond ? are there any other brand your recommend ?

Any advise would be great thank you in advance x

I wouldn't skip the pre-bond if its recommended I imagine that's like a dehydrator? I don't know though, I've only ever used Gelish gel polish and I've moved away form that brand now. I really love the gel bottle hard gels when I need extra strength. Candy coat do some nice colours and some strengthening gels too - they are good quality and cheap.

I wouldn't skip the pre-bond if its recommended I imagine that's like a dehydrator? I don't know though, I've only ever used Gelish gel polish and I've moved away form that brand now. I really love the gel bottle hard gels when I need extra strength. Candy coat do some nice colours and some strengthening gels too - they are good quality and cheap.
Thank you I’ll have a look at the brands you have mentioned. The colours are use are really good it’s just finding a base hardener that’s really good. Thank you !!

Thank you I’ll have a look at the brands you have mentioned. The colours are use are really good it’s just finding a base hardener that’s really good. Thank you !!

I've not really heard of base hardeners tbh, normally its just soak off builder gel, hard gel, acrylic or extra top coat. If you're happy with the colours you have already then why not go for one of those. Or try dip nails.

Encourage her to use cuticle oil as often as possible. Also, if your using a substantial, clear base or builder, it might be worth considering gel polish infills rather than remove and replace... no need to soak in acetone which is very dehydrating and no re-prepping grown out natural nail.

Latest posts

Back