Nail has come off.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_lisa_x

Reaction score
someone i know trapped their finger in a drawer and it just went black for about 2 months but yesterday it part of the nail fell off but only the bit in the middle. She asked me about what to do to make it more comfortable but i wasn't sure what to suggest so i'm just looking for a bit of advice really please guys.....

I wouldn't put anything over it...It needs to heal and the other part of the nail will probably want to come off at its own pace. Maybe a plaster for when she is busy doing stuff...but to take it off and let the air get to it when she can.

Hiya, Im only a wannabe and have done no training as yet (but cant wait) so this is only from personal knowledge. My mum had a really bad infection under her nail, went septic and eventually she had to have some of her nails removed (pain!). If you go to the chemist you can get a plastic cover for thumbs or fingers, it protects it from dirt and rubbing. Maybe this would help a bit.
vicky xx

hi all
only found this site tonite. been doing nails for 10 years and only recently went freelance so good to know there is so much support out there if i need it. to reply lisa i would definitly not recommend putting anything over the nail as ud most likley end up with a bad infection . to apply an overlay u need a nail for the product to grip too and to apply product to broken skin or badly damaged nails is a major no no,would tell your friend to just keep it clean and dry an let it heal itself.
ciara

Latest posts

Back