Nail mail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These in acrylic look lovely I would do a thin layer of acrylic and then add these to it and then build the acrylic up over them so they become encapsulated

Sorry I should of mentioned it's only gel I work with at the moment! X

Usually gel polish but just received ink Londons hard builder gel today so open to both X

Ooo which ones?? I'm buying some Tommo but stuck on what colours

Sultry Sunset, Wildfire, Desert Poppy, Azure Wish, Tango Passion
mind I'm only just starting my collection, so I thought I'd start with some basic (summer) colours

Do u ever have a moment where you just want to cry cos there's just so much you 'need'

Always......
I just gave all that money to cnd and here I am thinking "hmmmm some moyou too? I shouldn't, should I?"
Not to mention all my friends believe I'm a nail-shopaholic!

Hi my names Melissa and I too am a nailshopaholic
I really am ashamed of my habit sometimes. I spend most of our living budget on swarovski's and glitter it's just getting out of hand now that when the postman leaves a card I just don't know what it's for anymore
Lol

Has anyone ever bought from aliexpress?
I bought just a bag of glitters since their prices are SO low and I wanted to check them out, but it's been a month now and still no news. Thankfully, I'm still covered for another month, but it's so frustrating :mad:

Do you think it's better than glitterarty

I haven't used glitterarty's products before so can't compare, sorry Coco... but here are my GNI swatches if they're of any use to you or other interested geeks!

GNI swatches.png

From the left to the two silvery colours together are 10 of the Metallics collection (there are 12 metallics in total but I swapped a couple for the next two swatches on the ring - Azazel from Fallen Angel and Purple from Brights), then the lighter pink to the first orange are from the Summer Sorbets range, and the bright pink through to the bright orange are Psychedelic Neons... needless to say, the pic doesn't do the colours justice :(

Hope this helps (well, it might not help your wallet, but you know what I mean... ;) )

I bought just a bag of glitters since their prices are SO low and I wanted to check them out, but it's been a month now and still no news. Thankfully, I'm still covered for another month, but it's so frustrating :mad:

When I order something I want it here asap I hate waiting around that's why I'm always scared of ordering from new places

I have, it can take anywhere between 30-45 days. It's a long wait, you have to be patient lol something of which I am not haha but the prices keep me ordering

I have both. Bet that surprised you! And magpie, Lecenté and loads of Diamond Glitters
I find some of the matte Gnarly pigments have a white look to them. The shimmer ones are lovely. I think they're called spectra flare it I could have made that up X

Ha, Ciderella - I saw the pic you posted of your additive shelves so I'm not surprised to hear you've got everything hidden in there :D

Spectraflare is the right name I think - how do you use it? I've not got any of GNI's, but I have got a different brand from Etsy that I've played with a few times. I've only ever mixed it into polishes and it gave a beautiful holo shine... when I got the powder to polish ratio right! It's a tricky balance, too much, and the polish turned grey and too little, no holo effect.

Geek fact: The 'original' spectraflair pigment was actually used in car paints... eek! It was (and possibly still is) being used by indie-polish makers in the US, but when UK suppliers looked into stocking it for similar use over here, it didn't meet EU regulations, so instead, we have lots of similarly named, but officially nail safe alternatives - like spectraflare and spectraprism :)

Geek fact: The 'original' spectraflair pigment was actually used in car paints... eek! It was (and possibly still is) being used by indie-polish makers in the US, but when UK suppliers looked into stocking it for similar use over here, it didn't meet EU regulations, so instead, we have lots of similarly named, but officially nail safe alternatives - like spectraflare and spectraprism :)

Geeky indeed!

Usually gel polish but just received ink Londons hard builder gel today so open to both X[/QUO
Think these will be best encapsulated in builder gel. I only do acrylic so can't help as to how to do it exactly sorry! Bet there is a you tube tutorials somewhere! X

Ha, Ciderella - I saw the pic you posted of your additive shelves so I'm not surprised to hear you've got everything hidden in there :D

Spectraflare is the right name I think - how do you use it? I've not got any of GNI's, but I have got a different brand from Etsy that I've played with a few times. I've only ever mixed it into polishes and it gave a beautiful holo shine... when I got the powder to polish ratio right! It's a tricky balance, too much, and the polish turned grey and too little, no holo effect.

I haven't heard of spectraprism and think that I probably shouldn't google it lol.

My ones aren't actually in those shelves! I'll take a pic later and show you how they look. They are very delicate and pretty.

I just burnish them into gel polish or I've added them to clear powder. I haven't used them for ages as I forget they are there.

Where can gnarly nails products be purchased from currently. I can't find them on ebay any more. I have their metallic and neon sets and they're excellent.

Where can gnarly nails products be purchased from currently. I can't find them on ebay any more. I have their metallic and neon sets and they're excellent.
They're available on ebay - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/thecolourshack/ - but the store's closed as she's away at the moment. Looks like it'll be back up either tomorrow or Saturday :)

Latest posts

Back