Nail obsession going too far?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautygirl1977

Reaction score
I was dreaming about Shellac again last night! Lol! I am absolutely obsessed with nails and beauty. I'm starting to think I'm taking it too far? I am constantly skint because I want to buy everything, I don't even watch tv anymore really and I can't think about anything else. It's good that I love my work but I need to start being sensible or I'll always be poor!
Do you guys lay aside some money every week/month to spend on products? I need new clothes but I want to buy more Shellac and Minx and nail art and L&P and glitter and additives etc etc etc haha! X

Lol I am the same although I do watch telly, but I do spend all my money on nail stuff lol xxx

I was dreaming about Shellac again last night! Lol! I am absolutely obsessed with nails and beauty. I'm starting to think I'm taking it too far? I am constantly skint because I want to buy everything, I don't even watch tv anymore really and I can't think about anything else. It's good that I love my work but I need to start being sensible or I'll always be poor!
Do you guys lay aside some money every week/month to spend on products? I need new clothes but I want to buy more Shellac and Minx and nail art and L&P and glitter and additives etc etc etc haha! X

I'm the same and had to give myself a good talking too. I set aside a percentage each week for new products or replenishing the stock I already have.

I've told myself to think if I really need this new product, will it bring in more clients etc etc. I also put everything I want in my s2 shopping cart, leave it then go back to it later and I usually take things out.

The only exception I make is limited edition colours, additives etc. I pounce on those straight away xx

I had a very real dream that I was at a normal day at work.
I remember going through all the shellac steps and everything.
It's brilliant you are so into what you do, it will show to your clients.
My clients laugh when they know new colours are coming out as they always comment how happy I am!

Thanks guys! Glad I'm not the only one! Lol!
Ok I need to give myself a good talking to! What do I really need and what do I want! I'm going to beauty show in Edinburgh next month and trying not to buy much before then. Can you tell me if its normally cheaper at beauty show? I'll do my best not to buy before then!

Thanks guys! Glad I'm not the only one! Lol!
Ok I need to give myself a good talking to! What do I really need and what do I want! I'm going to beauty show in Edinburgh next month and trying not to buy much before then. Can you tell me if its normally cheaper at beauty show? I'll do my best not to buy before then!

Yes there are usually good deals at the shows x

Latest posts

Back