Nail painting, please help! Why is it like this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRL4YOU

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I need help, i'm going crazy! I have been trying to experiment and practice some free hand nail art from home so that I have more to offer my clients when they come for their services. Free hand nail art of course takes practice but I'm having such a difficult time figuring out why my paint is looking like this?! (Please refer to photo attachment). It is looking streaky, watery/faded... When I try to fill in the color of a flower, it keeps giving me the faded/streaky look like the paint is too thin. I'm currently testing out OUMAXI Acrylic Paints. I've also tried regular poster paints and poster acrylic paints... Same thing! What am I doing wrong? I have seen on nail art tutorials that sometimes they dip their brush in water and then in the paint. Is this to help with the consistency of the paint? I've tried that too... same thing :( I am going bonkers!

For all you experienced nail techs... please offer any advice and suggestions that can help me with this problem!

Thank youuuu! xxx

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 831
Have you buffed over the tip to remove the shine of the plastic?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, i'm using the same acrylic paint and sometimes find that it seems quite thin and watery, make sure you buff over the nail to remove shin and so the paint will stick to the roughness, your brush want to be slightly damp but not wet and ake sure you have plenty of paint on your brush and use a light touch, hope this helps =] also I watch the one-stroke nail art vids on LOL Nail Courses - Free Nail Art Tutorials Online - LOL Nail Courses

Try not putting so much pressure on with your brush.i use nailuk pain it's brilliant xxx

i use acrylic paints all the time and especially on clear tips you have to take the shine off, if your paints are in a tub or bottle stir before you use as its waterery at the top of the pot and dont apply too much pressure, hth xx

Thanks everyone for your feedback! I Believe I have already tried taking off the shine before but let me try again to see if it helps!

If I have to do free hand nail art painting on a new set of gel nails, do u have to remove shine prior to applying the paint as well? Then finish with top seal?

What if I'm applying nail paint to nails with nail polish? I had nail
Polish on my clear tips and it was still doing the same thing :( how would I remove shine from nail polish?

Thank you xxxx

Latest posts

Back