nail patella syndrome

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laneypants

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I have a client booked in next week who wants a full set of gel extensions. The only problem is she has nail patella syndrome which is a condition she was born with where nails,teeth bones etc do not form properly in the womb. In her case it has only affected one thumb nail which has just a tiny margin of nail down the one side wall. The other nine nails have no problems but i dont know what can be done with this thumb nail if anything. I dont think there is enough natural nail to hold a sculpt and i dont want to place product directly on the skin (even though she has had this done before with liquid and powder and said it lasted a couple of days). She only wants it to last a few days for xmas parties etc but i have no idea what to do.
Does anybody have any thoughts on if there is anything that can be done here?

Usually a false nail adhered with a thick adhesive like Creative GelBond will also last a good few days and will be the safer option because the adhesive is safer to use than monomer on the skin.

The client can also replace this false nail herself when needed and have the others maintained as usual. You will have also made a nice retail sale of GelBond!

thanks gigi i'll give it a go, i bet she'll be made up!!:hug:

Latest posts

Back