nail polish after warm oil treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
hi guys , tried searching but cant find anything, and my books are out of reach at the mo, (bathroom still not done so my nail room has been invaded, cant get n there arggghhh

what im wondering is, can you still apply nail polish after someones had a warm oil treatment, we did in college, she just said be extra careful with your squeaky clean at the end before polish, but ive read on two peoples websites in the last week, that polish is not recomended after warm oil? and polish should be applied day or two later??

wondered what others do/think

xxxxxx

If you apply scrubfresh to thoroughly remove the oil from the nail plate (making sure you get right into the folds) then I see no reason why not.

I wonder if the thoughts of not applying polish is to do with removing the benefits of the oil. But if thats the case then you can apply Solar oil after polish and still do the nail good.

Hi Im one of those people that doesnt recommend polish after warm oil treatments!

Its not that I wont do it its just I dont reccomend it. You can use witchhazel or other degreasing product to thoughrougly remove the oil to polish but if not done properly the polish will peel.

I also think its good for all that oil to do its job!!!

Most people are happy with just a nail buff (which i offer inclusive as an alternative) because the majority of my clients having warm oil treatments are trying to get thier nails back into good condition rather than just beautfying them.

Anyway I think the point is it depends what they want the treatment for :wink2:

If you apply scrubfresh to thoroughly remove the oil from the nail plate (making sure you get right into the folds) then I see no reason why not. thats what i thought

I wonder if the thoughts of not applying polish is to do with removing the benefits of the oil. But if thats the case then you can apply Solar oil after polish and still do the nail good.
yep true hun

Hi Im one of those people that doesnt recommend polish after warm oil treatments!

Its not that I wont do it its just I dont reccomend it. You can use witchhazel or other degreasing product to thoughrougly remove the oil to polish but if not done properly the polish will peel.

I also think its good for all that oil to do its job!!!

Most people are happy with just a nail buff (which i offer inclusive as an alternative) because the majority of my clients having warm oil treatments are trying to get thier nails back into good condition rather than just beautfying them. ahhh right never thought of that, and nails mightnt be up to polsih anyway always i suppose

Anyway I think the point is it depends what they want the treatment for :wink2:

thanks girls, appreciate your input

Latest posts

Back