Nail prep!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurensbeauty

Reaction score
Quick question how long do you all take doing your nail prep, eg removing cuticle, dehydrating etc before any acrylic/gel application, Also any tips and hints you've picked up along the way??

thankyou xx

Probably 15mins although I've never timed it. That's filing/shaping, using cuticle away and deactivating and scrubfresh ready to apply shellac.

I don't offer enhancements so am not sure on prep required for these although I'd imagine it's similar steps

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

hii...well it takes me about 5 to 7 minutes maybe... could be 10 sometimes if im dealing with a rough canvas. as far as tips ...i would say that sometimes i would buff the nails with a tiny smudge of cuticle oil to give me a smoother surface. i would do this before i send the client to wash their hands. and then make sure i clean the surface very well. hope this helps .... good luck xoxo

hii...well it takes me about 5 to 7 minutes maybe... could be 10 sometimes if im dealing with a rough canvas. as far as tips ...i would say that sometimes i would buff the nails with a tiny smudge of cuticle oil to give me a smoother surface. i would do this before i send the client to wash their hands. and then make sure i clean the surface very well. hope this helps .... good luck xoxo
This seems extremely quick :/ I'd say I'm a quick worker and to get the cuticle removed thoroughly I'd say 12-15 minutes.

I wouldn't use cuticle oil to remove cuticle either, CND Cuticle Away is Brill and is just washed away to de-activate, i'd avoid ANYTHING oily when doing prep, that goes for clients eating too.. It does happen!! Lol

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know!! but for me it works!! weird to say. im still trying to find another way. i use a cuticle remover from Sparitual which is AMAZING!!! i recommend you try it. Cuticle Away didn't work for me at all :( . as far as timing goes for nail prep involving everything filing etc... i would say yea 10 to 15 min....same as you ... take care

Thanks for your replies! I thought I was doing it to quickly as it takes me about 10-15 mins but I guess that's normal! thanks everyone x

Latest posts

Back